Different Thrusters

Mrsuper

As seen in other games such as space engineers, there are multiple types of propulsion. These range from atmospheric (electric jets) to hydrogen (gas fuel) and ion (energy only).

This being a game largely about getting up and out to space, what thrust types are there and would we need fuel for each of these thrusts and will there be some form of aerodynamics like drag and lift/ wings.

Improvised thrust is also there such as using artificial gravity and artificial mass to create a self-propelled mechanism. Thoughts?

As seen in other games such as space engineers, there are multiple types of propulsion. These range from atmospheric (electric jets) to hydrogen (gas fuel) and ion (energy only).

This being a game largely about getting up and out to space, what thrust types are there and would we need fuel for each of these thrusts and will there be some form of aerodynamics like drag and lift/ wings.

Improvised thrust is also there such as using artificial gravity and artificial mass to create a self-propelled mechanism. Thoughts?

Well, the thing is the game is going to sport a physics engine. So, if you were to put battleship thrusters onto your jetcraft, that would need a battleship's power core to make it go live, then you would need a battleship's fuel supply for such a beast of a thruster. Lift can be emulated with underbelly thrusters, but, if you were to add a battleships engine to a jet, that would increase its mass, therefore its need on certain underbelly thrusters. Which is my strong belief that a battleship won't land on surface, as gravity will be too much of a hassle to deal with on taking off a planet. That being said, a battleship would indeed require a certain fuel source, either it be anti-matter, fusion/fission reactors or in some semi-warp kind of drive situation, dark energy. All these come at a cost and functions of course. So yeah, there could be different types of engines and fuel, but the real question would be if you can afford the ship itself to run it. I personally expect peple to opt for fusion cores, as hydrogen is in abundance in the universe. Comets, planets, even in vacuum you can find hydrogen. But anti-matter or dark energy, well, quite the challenge, as those things don't usually come easy into being made. 

And I don't seem to grasp on the artificial mass, if someone can explain it to me, it would be great :P

And I don't seem to grasp on the artificial mass, if someone can explain it to me, it would be great :P

In Space Engineers you can place 'Artificial Mass' blocks that are influenced by 'Artificial Gravity Generators', so connecting the two creates a "troll drive", where the artificial gravity generator pushes the mass block, that it's connected to, for free.

What I hope to see is intricacies such as fuel mass balancing and different solid/liquid fuels for the early game and electrical engines for atmospheric-only flight, which I think is more what OP implied.

In Space Engineers you can place 'Artificial Mass' blocks that are influenced by 'Artificial Gravity Generators', so connecting the two creates a "troll drive", where the artificial gravity generator pushes the mass block, that it's connected to, for free.

What I hope to see is intricacies such as fuel mass balancing and different solid/liquid fuels for the early game and electrical engines for atmospheric-only flight, which I think is more what OP implied.

I see, something like this then

giphy.gif