If you could prioritize DU features...

Kurock

1. CvC obviously

2. Expanded range of building materials (variety of woods, metals, stone) and associated rare gather-able materials like marble being a rarer luxury building material.

3. Waypoint system, let us create waypoints and then be able to give them or sell them to other people

4. Player customisation, let us take of the space suits and wear "normal" clothes for RP purposes and emersion.

5. More survival aspects, food gathering and cooking mechanics

6. Player "graphic" elements, let us upload images and put them on the side of constructs as logos or to make signage to direcrt other players

OK, so the tech and crafting skills and availability of necessary resources will be our contribution to crafting, and perhaps there will be some basic customization of the standard designs such as colors and maybe faceplate opacity, but for vanity gear you pay real world money.  That's fine by me.  Now that you mention it, letting the Harambe Corporation design their own custom codpieces may not be such a great idea.

Pixels out for Harambe

1. CvC obviously

2. Expanded range of building materials (variety of woods, metals, stone) and associated rare gather-able materials like marble being a rarer luxury building material.

3. Waypoint system, let us create waypoints and then be able to give them or sell them to other people

4. Player customisation, let us take of the space suits and wear "normal" clothes for RP purposes and emersion.

5. More survival aspects, food gathering and cooking mechanics

6. Player "graphic" elements, let us upload images and put them on the side of constructs as logos or to make signage to direcrt other players

Player graphic elements could get rather graphic indeed.  I'm sure we want there to be freedom of expression but not to the point of creating a hostile game environment.  There should probably be a process by which you submit graphics for approval (perhaps requiring the approval of community mods.)  We can't stop people from building flying penises, I suppose, but letting them plaster the sides of those penises with hardcore gifs might be a bit much.

Player graphic elements could get rather graphic indeed.  I'm sure we want there to be freedom of expression but not to the point of creating a hostile game environment.  There should probably be a process by which you submit graphics for approval (perhaps requiring the approval of community mods.)  We can't stop people from building flying penises, I suppose, but letting them plaster the sides of those penises with hardcore gifs might be a bit much.

There will be a process by which players can "report" a construct that violates the rules (boob-structures, etc). If it is found to be obscene, it will get deleted. If a player continues making obscene constructs, they can be banned. (This is something that was already discussed in an interview). 

So it is true we can't stop people from building flying penises, but they can be deleted if a moderator finds it in violation of the rules, and the player will get banned if it continues. pretty decent solution

There will be a process by which players can "report" a construct that violates the rules (boob-structures, etc). If it is found to be obscene, it will get deleted. If a player continues making obscene constructs, they can be banned. (This is something that was already discussed in an interview). 

So it is true we can't stop people from building flying penises, but they can be deleted if a moderator finds it in violation of the rules, and the player will get banned if it continues. pretty decent solution

Nah, there won't be. The Devs said that Willy Wanker's Phallic Tower won't be around much, because it won't be a hit in the market. Boobs, and odes to Lord Dickbutt wil be present, no matter what :V

The game is not for children, so it's okay :D The Devs want a mature playerbase. they said so in the latest AMA :D

I'd like to add to the END of the list.

You know, after all the good stuff is added.

When we start interstellar exploration, I would like to see (at some point) NPC aliens. 

I'd like to run into  some friendly races that might have their own laws regarding materials (so that we could have some decent smuggling).  I don't believe the RDMS will do smuggling justice.  The only way to do it right is with NPCs.

And who doesn't want to eventually run into a hostile alien civilization?

I'd like to add to the END of the list.

You know, after all the good stuff is added.

When we start interstellar exploration, I would like to see (at some point) NPC aliens. 

I'd like to run into  some friendly races that might have their own laws regarding materials (so that we could have some decent smuggling).  I don't believe the RDMS will do smuggling justice.  The only way to do it right is with NPCs.

And who doesn't want to eventually run into a hostile alien civilization?

You want smuggling? You'll have to do it the hard way, where you'll have to figure out what a hostile faction doesn't have that their hostile factions have, buy from them, sell much higher to the others. That's smuggling for you.

Why it's different than trading? Because they are hostile to each other, thus they do not trade with one another.

You want smuggling? You'll have to do it the hard way, where you'll have to figure out what a hostile faction doesn't have that their hostile factions have, buy from them, sell much higher to the others. That's smuggling for you.

Why it's different than trading? Because they are hostile to each other, thus they do not trade with one another.

There's also evading customs duties.  It could be that trade is only allowed through approved ports on certain planets, and that duties are charged when offworld goods are brought in.  And it could be that certain items, powerful weapons for example, aren't allowed in the borders of a particular planetary or interstellar government, and smugglers would sneak or bribe their way past customs officials.  Of course, who would really want to be a customs inspector?  I bet there are going to be some jobs that people get rotated through and paid well for simply because they aren't a lot of fun. Piracy is probably pretty fun on its own, however.

I think of smuggling in the traditional sense.

That is, having a specific item (such as drugs) outlawed in a specific sector.

You're right, you CAN smuggle commodities.  It's done every day by rogue countries to avoid sanctions.  But your description assumes one organization has a monopoly on a specific resource, and that it won't sell directly to another org. 

I doubt any org will have a monopoly on resources.  So this means the other org, can easily purchase the resource on the open market.

What your describing makes sense, but I seriously doubt a player is going to spend all his time playing as customs enforcement. 

Prohibited items like drugs would need to be enforced on the NPC level.

I think of smuggling in the traditional sense.

That is, having a specific item (such as drugs) outlawed in a specific sector.

You're right, you CAN smuggle commodities.  It's done every day by rogue countries to avoid sanctions.  But your description assumes one organization has a monopoly on a specific resource, and that it won't sell directly to another org. 

I doubt any org will have a monopoly on resources.  So this means the other org, can easily purchase the resource on the open market.

What your describing makes sense, but I seriously doubt a player is going to spend all his time playing as customs enforcement. 

Prohibited items like drugs would need to be enforced on the NPC level.

Not really. Smuggling is any form of illegal trading. If I was to bring a Kinder Surprise egg into the US, that would be SMUGGLIG, because the US does not legalise Kinder Eggs.

Likewise, if I was to bring a bunch of AK-47 to terrorists, that would be smuggling as well, because my home country does not trade with them.

Smuggling is something subjective. If two factions are not trading with each other and you go to one faction and buy things the other faction wants and is willing to trade with a third party with for them and the third party is you, that is smuggling on your end.

With your train of thought, a military person and a mercenary are one and the same. They both carry guns and get paid for it. Same goes for smugglers. Just because some smugglers dwell in narcotics, doesn't mean all smugglers dwell in narcotics.

Your AK-47 example is identical to the narcotic example.  Both are banned items in a geographic area, by the governing authority.  Every AK is banned.  It doesn't matter whether China, Russia, or some other country manufactures it.  WHY would an organization BAN EVERY INSTANCE of a specific resource?

Your Kinder Surprise Egg example, is banning a specific brand of a product by the governing authority.  Candy eggs haven't been completely outlawed in the US.  Just the ones with the toys inside of them.  So bringing this example into Dual Universe, instead of banning a weapon outright, the org would only ban "Band of Outlaws" created weapons.  The demand for that weapon would still exist and would be supplied by OTHER organizations.  There's no need to smuggle the BOO weapons unless its for "vanity purposes".

I'm confident no org will hold a monopoly on crafted items.  So why pay a premium on a smuggled BOO weapon, when I can buy the same weapon from the Terran Union on the open market.

Then it comes down to "customs enforcement".  I just don't see an org paying someone to fly around all day scanning other ships for contraband.  I ALSO don't see any player wanting to do it.  You're not going to force a new player in your org to do anything. 

You also cant enforce an organizational law upon your members.  If they want to trade with someone, they will.  If you attempt to discipline them, they'll just move on to another org.

Hence the need for NPCs...

Your AK-47 example is identical to the narcotic example.  Both are banned items in a geographic area, by the governing authority.  Every AK is banned.  It doesn't matter whether China, Russia, or some other country manufactures it.  WHY would an organization BAN EVERY INSTANCE of a specific resource?

Your Kinder Surprise Egg example, is banning a specific brand of a product by the governing authority.  Candy eggs haven't been completely outlawed in the US.  Just the ones with the toys inside of them.  So bringing this example into Dual Universe, instead of banning a weapon outright, the org would only ban "Band of Outlaws" created weapons.  The demand for that weapon would still exist and would be supplied by OTHER organizations.  There's no need to smuggle the BOO weapons unless its for "vanity purposes".

I'm confident no org will hold a monopoly on crafted items.  So why pay a premium on a smuggled BOO weapon, when I can buy the same weapon from the Terran Union on the open market.

Then it comes down to "customs enforcement".  I just don't see an org paying someone to fly around all day scanning other ships for contraband.  I ALSO don't see any player wanting to do it.  You're not going to force a new player in your org to do anything.  They'll just move on to another org.

Hence the need for NPCs...

Really now? AK 47s are banned? I guess China holds illegal guns then, cause the Norinco Type 56 Assault Rifle is a chinese rip-off of the Ak-47 and last I've checked, it's not banned. In fact, al lthe AK-47s in the world are actually type 56 Assault Rifles. Russian never sold to terrorists, if you don't know (and you DON'T KNOW ), Russia fought the Taliban in the 80s (back when America aided them :V ). Guess who sold the Taliban their AK-47s. 'Murrica, who bought them in the black market and smuggled them into Afghanistan.

So, the US who aided the Taliban in the 80s? Yup, CIA SMUGGLED weaponry to the Taliban. That's what SMUGGLING is.

Smuggling involves blockade running as well and meneuvering around embargos.

If Faction A has no Titanium and is in war with Faction B, that has titanium, if YOU as a trader, go and buy titanium from Faction B, to sell it to Faction A, and have to overcome blockades near Faction A's borders by Faction B, you are a smuggler.

Oh wait, you thought smuggling will be easy??? You thought smugglers are traders for drugs? LOL. You are so not made for this. There won't be NPC factions and you will be scamemd on hauling contracts hard. xD 

"Sure Ripper, go through that dark area of space to get to my hauling contract's destination. No, there are no pirates in that area, trust me and no, the insurance number on your contract is just for shits and giggles, I won't rip you off, at all!"

Yeah, you are that kind of guy, the kind of guy people scam.

Smuggling is for real hardcores, not posers, take my advice, stay out of it.

Now you're just rambling incoherently.

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

My request is for NPCs at some point.  Its a valid request, so you can go sit and spin.

AMAZING! 

The groundbreaking concept of an NPC in an MMO.  Its never been done before...

Really now? AK 47s are banned? I guess China holds illegal guns then, cause the Norinco Type 56 Assault Rifle is a chinese rip-off of the Ak-47 and last I've checked, it's not banned. In fact, al lthe AK-47s in the world are actually type 56 Assault Rifles. Russian never sold to terrorists, if you don't know (and you DON'T KNOW ), Russia fought the Taliban in the 80s (back when America aided them :V ). Guess who sold the Taliban their AK-47s. 'Murrica, who bought them in the black market and smuggled them into Afghanistan.

So, the US who aided the Taliban in the 80s? Yup, CIA SMUGGLED weaponry to the Taliban. That's what SMUGGLING is.

Smuggling involves blockade running as well and meneuvering around embargos.

If Faction A has no Titanium and is in war with Faction B, that has titanium, if YOU as a trader, go and buy titanium from Faction B, to sell it to Faction A, and have to overcome blockades near Faction A's borders by Faction B, you are a smuggler.

Oh wait, you thought smuggling will be easy??? You thought smugglers are traders for drugs? LOL. You are so not made for this. There won't be NPC factions and you will be scamemd on hauling contracts hard. xD 

"Sure Ripper, go through that dark area of space to get to my hauling contract's destination. No, there are no pirates in that area, trust me and no, the insurance number on your contract is just for shits and giggles, I won't rip you off, at all!"

Yeah, you are that kind of guy, the kind of guy people scam.

Smuggling is for real hardcores, not posers, take my advice, stay out of it.

I spent some time in Afghanistan and the Russians weren't fighting terrorists, they were exterminating villages.  There are ruins and graveyards everywhere, people using parts of rockets and shell casings as grave markers.  The mujahadeen were mainly northern Turkmen and Uzbeks we were supplying with weapons, including Stinger missiles which we smuggled in.  The Taliban are mainly southern Pashtuns supplied by Pakistan.

Now you're just rambling incoherently.

Arguing for the sake of arguing.

My request is for NPCs at some point.  Its a valid request, so you can go sit and spin.

AMAZING! 

The groundbreaking concept of an NPC in an MMO.  Its never been done before...

You miss the point of the game. It's a player-driven economy. You better accept how much you'll be ripped off in trading. NPCs spawned and operated by the server would reduce the number of players in the server and it goes against their game's mentality. Their game is all about maximising player numbers on the server to emulate a virtual universe.

Just admit you don't know what smuggling is and be a man. You clearly found a totally different guy when you "found" my initials, so that screenshot is still around, there's no reason to make yourself more of a target. You want to smuggle things? You better be fine with war-profiteering and have some social skills to ellude some authorities. There's no "reputation grind" in this game, the only discounts you're going to get is the ones the real person selling will offer you and with your attitude.

Have fun failing as a smuggler :V

I'm enjoying this.

The more you rant, the more everyone thinks you're an asshat.

What do you mean "the more" ? Are you oblivious? Everyone knows I'm an asshat already :V .

Boy, you really know how to get a hint.

Is it wrong to jerk his chain?

(Actually... It probably is..  Sorry Captain Twerkmotor.. btw..  I have no idea what you're talking about regarding the screenshot)

No worries, your "hax0r" skills are gonna live in infamy. :D

My hax0r skills found information about those initials that was created 2 years before you created your account with Novaquark. 

And it wasn't meant to be malicious.  You issued a challenge...  :D

My hax0r skills found information about those initials that was created 2 years before you created your account with Novaquark.  :P

I don't even know what you even found. My initials are not even what you claimed to be. Look, I know you are one of my obsessed fans, but I really should warn you on stalking :V