If you could prioritize DU features...

Kurock

If you could prioritize the next few features in DU, what would you choose? Let's assume the features listed in the Kickstarter starting goal are already in, what would you like after that? (in order of preference)

Please make a single post with your list; the idea box is for discussing the different features. also feel free to come back and edit your list as your priorities change.

• CvC
  • In game voice (chat to others within 20m, hail other ships)
  • tracks/tracked element for elevators/trains
  • Salvage constructs
  • Star-maps
  • Stargates
  • Replenishable resources: Tree growing/Farming
  • Some Cosmetic elements (e.g. cat ears for player models)
  • Moving parts: joints, rotors and pistons

Edit: Feel free to add your own, it is not limited to just this list :)

So with the KS fully backed and stretched goals reached... I would enjoying seeing:

-Advanced biomes

-Use of drones

-mining

-combat

-exploration

-Rails/tracks (that's a great idea guttertrash)

-Regenerative resources

-Salvaging

-Movable parts

-Star gates

-Cosmetics

-Ingame voice chat

1) CvC

2) Survival - colonization without a survival element seems rather less of a desperate situation than it should be

3) Alien/hostile biomes which require life support/terraforming

4) Animals - livestock, alien and bioengineering

5) Weather - very difficult but would greatly enhance immersion

6) Moving parts in elements

7) Player customization

8) In game voice

9) Emotes and gestures

0. Alpha (please come soon)

1.CvC

2.Docking (Functional landing gear/docking ports)

3.Territory in Space / Stargates

4. Advanced Comms and Maps

5. In-game Voice chat

6. Cosmetics

7. Construct oxygen generators

I think as a must there needs to be:

1. Replenishable resources: Tree growing/Farming

2. Moving parts: joints, rotors and pistons

3. CvC

InGame voice chat would be nice and all but it will be just as easy to use Discord/etc to do it for now. It's not something that's needed straight away, if at all.

0 - THIS IS A MUST - "Right handed" building mode. The left hand to interact with vortexes is really going to frustrate the heck out of me.

1 - Not sure what the list of ALL elements consists of, but things like doors, retractable landing gears, various system generators and modules that must be placed and connected to the power grid of ships to function, can be damaged etc. ; stuff like gravity generators, shield generators, oxygen systems and such, if not already on the list of 'elements' you can add to ships. 

2 - Atmosphere in ships vs. void of space + being able to take off your suit.

3 - CvC

4 - Cloaking / Stealth generators :D

5 - Docking

6 - Replenishing / growing / producing resources for farming / manufacturing etc.

7 - Most of the things already listed in this thread - though after this point it's more of a 'meh' for me. I'd already be really enjoying the game.

Not at all fussed on in-game voice whatsoever. Majority of people already playing with their friends would use their third party programs like TS / Vent anyway, and I haven't seen any game that does InGame voice better. Normally there's either a massive loss of quality, voice activation is hopeless, and/or your bandwidth takes a hit. Not saying people won't use it, but I would far rather see the focus and time spent on gameplay features first and foremost. 

Not that there is any rush with this one, but something that is really important that they get in there before we can start playing the alpha next year is a FOV slider, right now it feels really low.

1-CvC

2-Salvage

3-Rotors/Pistons/Piping

4-More elements (tech stuff)

5-Even more elements (farming/logistic/other)

6-Features that makes deep space exploration possible

7-Large scale events that lasts for long periods of time and that let every player participate

1 - CvC (yes this is a point of contention, but it feels like a high priority).

2 - Robust Contracts, scripts that can generate contracts

3 - Cosmetics shop (more income = more features)

4 - Space TU's

5 - map function that includes TU's and territory groups

6 - saddle-mount cockpits (for jet bikes)

7 - flashy doodads, decals, and other construct swag

8 - easter-egg content

9 - non-weapon combat systems (tractor beams, target scramblers, missile countermeasures, etc.)

10 - non-character items in cosmetic shop (alt skin/coloration for ship shields, thruster vapor trails, decals, etc)

Edited by wizardoftrash

1. Some Cosmetic elements (e.g. cat ears for player models)

Star-maps

Salvage constructs

In game voice (chat to others within 20m, hail other ships)

Replenishable resources: Tree growing/Farming

Stargates

CvC

Moving parts: joints, rotors and pistons

tracks/tracked element for elevators/trains

CVC MUST happen!  I think this is a critical element of the game and am actually surprised it is a stretch goal.

Otherwise:

1. Third person viewpoint

2. Survival elements (Farming, hunting, cooking - food for buffs, etc.)
3. Character customization (outfits, hair, skin tones, etc.)
4. Ability to customize signage, logos/names for our ships, etc.
5. Moving parts: joints, rotors and pistons
6. Decorative props - preferably individual pieces that allow us to build our own props in game would be best (for instance, don't give us an entire lamp post.  Give us the individual pieces of a lamp post so we can build many different props out of those parts).

7. Weather

Not sure these are in the exact order of importance because the first few are pretty much of equal importance to me.

1) Scarves

2) Swords

3) Top Hats

4) Monocles

5) Unicycles

6) Tailcoats

7) Croc-boots

8) Proceduraly generated honeybadgers

9) Graffiti sprays

10) Hello Kitty stickers.

Can I add horses to that list then? I want to be able to ride a trusty steed around my space ship :P

1-CvC

2-Salvage

3-Rotors/Pistons/Piping

4-More elements (tech stuff)

5-Even more elements (farming/logistic/other)

6-Features that makes deep space exploration possible

7-Large scale events that lasts for long periods of time and that let every player participate

I really like this list. Number three might be a bit difficult to implement, especially if they visually move, but I would love the gameplay possibilities they would bring.

Also, as an EVE player, I'm obligated to put in a request for an in-game spreadsheet program ;)

I really like this list. Number three might be a bit difficult to implement, especially if they visually move, but I would love the gameplay possibilities they would bring.

Also, as an EVE player, I'm obligated to put in a request for an in-game spreadsheet program ;)

GTFO here with your spreadsheets! *bonks on head* No but seriously this is one of the things im excited for when it comes to this game, a game like EVE with building WITHOUT the damn spreadsheets  :D  :wub:  

1 - CvC (yes this is a point of contention, but it feels like a high priority).

2 - Robust Contracts, scripts that can generate contracts

3 - Cosmetics shop (more income = more features)

4 - Space TU's

5 - map function that includes TU's and territory groups

6 - saddle-mount cockpits (for jet bikes)

7 - flashy doodads, decals, and other construct swag

8 - easter-egg content

9 - non-weapon combat systems (tractor beams, target scramblers, missile countermeasures, etc.)

10 - non-character items in cosmetic shop (alt skin/coloration for ship shields, thruster vapor trails, decals, etc)

Since this game will be player content driven, a cosmetics shop would, I assume, mean that players won't be able to come up with their own cosmetic gear?  I mean, will we be able to make our own gear at all?  We should be able to make weapons and armor and such out of voxels and elements.  Or is character appearance going to be a customization reserved for the professionals?

Space TUs could be enforced by shielded beacons.  I assumed that there was a way to claim an asteroid or make sure people can't build tits on your space station without your authorization but if there isn't that's a high priority.

Since this game will be player content driven, a cosmetics shop would, I assume, mean that players won't be able to come up with their own cosmetic gear?  I mean, will we be able to make our own gear at all?  We should be able to make weapons and armor and such out of voxels and elements.  Or is character appearance going to be a customization reserved for the professionals?

We will be able to "craft" our own gear, but we won't be designing our own gear with voxels and elements. Character equipment (like elements) will be meshes designed by the devs. There will be options, we will be able to "craft" them, but it will be like any other MMO in that we won't sculpt them or anything like that.

The player driven end is the Constructs (ships, structures, stations, etc). This is not quite like 2nd life where players really can make their own everything, and that might be for the best.

We will be able to "craft" our own gear, but we won't be designing our own gear with voxels and elements. Character equipment (like elements) will be meshes designed by the devs. There will be options, we will be able to "craft" them, but it will be like any other MMO in that we won't sculpt them or anything like that.

The player driven end is the Constructs (ships, structures, stations, etc). This is not quite like 2nd life where players really can make their own everything, and that might be for the best.

OK, so the tech and crafting skills and availability of necessary resources will be our contribution to crafting, and perhaps there will be some basic customization of the standard designs such as colors and maybe faceplate opacity, but for vanity gear you pay real world money.  That's fine by me.  Now that you mention it, letting the Harambe Corporation design their own custom codpieces may not be such a great idea.