Brightest Star in Ursa Major

Majestic

Mmm where does it say it's 10000 LY away?  We were in cryo sleep for 10k years but no mention of FTL travel on the Arkships, but it does say FTL is the slower form of travel that will require fuel. 10k years at ftl would need alot of fuel.

Mmm where does it say it's 10000 LY away?  We were in cryo sleep for 10k years but no mention of FTL travel on the Arkships, but it does say FTL is the slower form of travel that will require fuel. 10k years at ftl would need alot of fuel.

Read the Lore.

Well I read this one again;

https://dual-static-web.s3.amazonaws.com/static/pdf/Dual-Universe-English.pdf

Still where does it say 10000LY away, is there more lore than that released?

I also looked here http://dualuniverse.gamepedia.com/Dual_Universe_Wiki

and here https://devblog.dualthegame.com/ and several threads, can't seem to find it.

Lol ok *Googles; How far is Alioth from Earth*  That comes up 81 light years*

'How far is Alioth from Earth in Dual Universe'  no answer.

Other than dismissing a thread like that you could try and be helpful.  You've basically made seeral posts saying nothing.

I think the dumbed down version of the question would be is our Alioth a fictional system or based on a real one?

Lol ok *Googles; How far is Alioth from Earth*  That comes up 81 light years*

'How far is Alioth from Earth in Dual Universe'  no answer.

Other than dismissing a thread like that you could try and be helpful.  You've basically made seeral posts saying nothing.

I think the dumbed down version of the question would be is our Alioth a fictional system or based on a real one?

Lets look at this logically to see how fast they were going.

81 LY divded by 10000 years is: 0.0081. Lets simply that a little bit.

2554416000 light seconds in 81 lightyears.

299792km are in a light second.

299792 x 2554416000 is 7.6579348e+14.

76579348000km per second, which is 255441.20926484 LS.

Well... fuck... I probably made a fatal error in my math but seems quite logical.

A spaceship massing 1 million tons with 500,000 tons of deuterium fuel with 1G acceleration will take 18 years subjective to reach a star 10,000 light years away.  But that would be 10,002 years objective.  It would get very close to the speed of light causing considerable time dilation.

http://nathangeffen.webfactional.com/spacetravel/spacetravel.php

Maybe the AI did something to prolong the journey? lol

Actually there isn't anything to relate the distance travelled to the 10,000 years in cyro. While v. unlikely, there is nothing to say we didn't travel a few centuries at FTL and then the AI waited 10,000 years for lulz.

All in all - yes - our Alioth could certainly be THE Alioth - (Epsilon Ursae Majoris).

BUT!!!!

The planet is named Alioth. There is no mention of the star's name, so in reality it's more likely "a star" , which has a planet in it's system which has been designated Alioth. (Possibly by a Debian loving NQ dev?)

Actually there isn't anything to relate the distance travelled to the 10,000 years in cyro. While v. unlikely, there is nothing to say we didn't travel a few centuries at FTL and then the AI waited 10,000 years for lulz.

All in all - yes - our Alioth could certainly be THE Alioth - (Epsilon Ursae Majoris).

BUT!!!!

The planet is named Alioth. There is no mention of the star's name, so in reality it's more likely "a star" , which has a planet in it's system which has been designated Alioth. (Possibly by a Debian loving NQ dev?)

Good point.

I tried to find if the RL star Alioth had any planets and such but to no avail.  And jumping 10,000 LY is HUGE.  There are so many other possible closer (habitable even) planets closer to the earth but then again... we don't really know the damage that neutron star did to our home system and any neighboring systems, like Alpha Centauri.

They could just not want any players trying to find earth, lol.