Missiles (not nukes)

DarkTemplar

I've been wondering for a while now, and I can't find the answer even if it is most likely lurking somewhere. Will be able to create our own missiles and code their targeting/trajectory using Lua. If you know about the the game From the Depths, that's what I'm getting at.

• 1 month later...

I don't know why it wouldn't be possible. You can program ships with AI so why not write a script that directs a missile to specific coordinates of in a specific trajectory? As long as there are volatile elements that would explode on contact or other components that would do the same. 

I don't know why it wouldn't be possible. You can program ships with AI so why not write a script that directs a missile to specific coordinates of in a specific trajectory? As long as there are volatile elements that would explode on contact or other components that would do the same. 

They've stated they dont want to have a lot of smashing ships into objects as a weapon so the damage from that will be minimal its hard to say if they'll make a component that can be used as a warhead, on one hand it'd be awesome and makes sense but on the other hand it may be to easy to make over powered. For example whats to stop you making a missile that's got hundreds or thousands of warheads creating a massive radius of destruction

personally i hope they allow for player made weapons like this but I'm not very optimistic about it actually happening 

They've stated they dont want to have a lot of smashing ships into objects as a weapon so the damage from that will be minimal its hard to say if they'll make a component that can be used as a warhead, on one hand it'd be awesome and makes sense but on the other hand it may be to easy to make over powered. For example whats to stop you making a missile that's got hundreds or thousands of warheads creating a massive radius of destruction

personally i hope they allow for player made weapons like this but I'm not very optimistic about it actually happening 

I had a similar concept on a warhead as well. Get a mine or mines, attach a large voxel tube under that impromptu warhead with an engine at the rear end, put as much fuel in there as possible, add a DPU guiding system towards a target.

Simple ballistic missile build-up. Can be improved :P

I had a similar concept on a warhead as well. Get a mine or mines, attach a large voxel tube under that impromptu warhead with an engine at the rear end, put as much fuel in there as possible, add a DPU guiding system towards a target.

Simple ballistic missile build-up. Can be improved :P

I like it. Instead of ICBMs we could create IGBMs (Intergalactic Ballistic Missiles)  :D

I've been wondering for a while now, and I can't find the answer even if it is most likely lurking somewhere. Will be able to create our own missiles and code their targeting/trajectory using Lua. If you know about the the game From the Depths, that's what I'm getting at.

Missiles like this could get really over powered. But it could work if they add a proper counter but i can not think of one that would not be super over powered as well