PayPal backers - Store Concept

Wilks Checkov

PayPal Backers - Store Concept  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Do you support having a paypal store accessible for people to back the game, even if it is for a limited period of time?

• Yes - We support the creation of a PayPal store!
    • No - We do not support the creation of a PayPal store!

THE IDEA. . .

Having a store that we can access similar options to the Kickstarter available for a brief period of time, but instead of using only credit cards it works with PayPal.

THE REASON. . .

It would open up a whole new field of backers to NovaQuark, potentially a whole new income stream that could be used to back the game. It also allows those that are not able to support the game with credit cards or those that had something in their real life come up that interfered with their ability to support the game to have a second chance at backing the game.

THE QUESTION. . .

So at NovaQuark, do you agree that a store should be made available, even if for a brief period of time, to allow others to have an ability to back the game by another means. If you feel that it is a good idea - please let us know. . .

Thanks - The Dual Universe community

And should anyone have any thoughts or opinions, feel free to leave them below. 

Would be the former guttertrash - primarily for the reason it would allow another set of backers "those who do not have or want to use credit cards" to back the game. It also gives those who were not able to back with Kickstarter a second chance. 

Yeah I think this is a good idea, there is precedent for it with star citizen. The majority of pledges to them came after their kick-starter finished, selling access to the beta or allowing people to fund the extra stretch goals is basically zero risk to NQ

I Support this idea, so more People around the world are able to back the game whose got no credit Card, and for me to  find my way further into the Forums here observing some intresting organisations :) nice to become a participant and testing this game.

Error.jpg

Well - after several attempts I admit defeat. 

Just hope we have a chance to buy that lifetime sub when the paypal shop comes out. 

So that means you failed to be / not counted as a Kickstarter Backer ?  :(

I'm curious, what did they end up saying?  If it's not too personal that is.

Was it just a card unsupported by Kickstarter?  If that is the case, you could potentially look into a prepaid virtual visa card.  Not entirely sure how that would work in your case, but I know people have found success in that area with other websites.  I haven't met anyone who had to do that for Kickstarter, but it could be a solution.  I think Mastercard also has an equivalent.

Something to look into, if you still have time.

• 2 weeks later...

I was very annoyed that I couldn't use Paypal for the KS. My debit card worked, but I prefer not to put that number out there.

Huh, I've never understood this viewpoint.  You can just use a prepaid debit card, with the specified amount for the singular purchase.  Purchase-able at your local Wal-Mart, or any store for that matter.

The only anti-KS I understand is from those who do not have cards supported by KS.  I know a lot of people outside of the US have that problem.  Although, I have to wonder if Visa, MC, and the lot offer prepaid cards in other countries, I've never tried to find out I guess.

Huh, I've never understood this viewpoint.  You can just use a prepaid debit card, with the specified amount for the singular purchase.  Purchase-able at your local Wal-Mart, or any store for that matter.

*shrug* My normal policy for safety is not to have my numbers floating around out there, so I use paypal. (Not gonna make a special trip to Walmart and waste time figuring out how prepaid cards work.)

*shrug* My normal policy for safety is not to have my numbers floating around out there, so I use paypal. (Not gonna make a special trip to Walmart and waste time figuring out how prepaid cards work.)

If you can spend the time to figure out how purchasing bananas work, you can find time to purchase a prepaid card.  Takes like 30 seconds ^^

Another good method is to have a separate account setup for online transactions, with far more anti-fraud measures in place.  Transaction limits, daily limits, not even sure what's all available these days.  Most banks are also very good at righting fraudulent purchases.

I can respect your decision, but I don't think it's a problem with KS at that point.