Yet another old SWG (among others) fan, joining in!

ZenBones

Hello all! Like many of you, I've really enjoyed some of the older open-world, sandbox MMOs. I dove hard into UO while it was still in beta, which whet my appetite for that sort of thing. I loved SWG, even though I didn't pick it up until the Jump to Lightspeed expansion was available. I became a successful shipwright for some time, before SWG went down in flames. Such dark times.

I played Earth and Beyond for a while, and I very much enjoyed the style (artistic aesthetic, music, etc), but the game was so closed, and not open-ended or sandboxy at all. Around that time I also got into EVE's beta, and played for a short while into its launch, but at the time I just couldn't bring myself to mine for hours upon hours, only to get ships that could be destroyed in seconds, and my only alternative was farming rats (pirate ships) in high security space. I'm too much of a lone wolf to join a mining corp, to do more of the same. The game probably is a lot better now, but I've had no desire to go back, which is ironic considering how much I wanted a game like that.

I do tend to get sucked into games more, when I can creatively make things. That's one of the things that kept me coming back to Kerbal Space Program as well. I even went on to be a modder for that one.

I also jumped into No Man's Sky. I had a good time with it, but as everyone knows, the gameplay is very superficial.

If DU can pull it off, the crafting, exploration, and economic aspects of this game could be right up my alley. I don't do this often, but I decided to bet hard on this, and upgraded my pledge to Ruby. I got the last digital early bird for that, yesterday. Since that one includes DACs and is a lifetime subscription, I figure it will pay for itself in the long run.

So, hello everyone!

• 8 months later...