Your characters looks and styles :D

Tnecniw

This post is really simple. I just came up with it as I was watching the 18th update :D

What would be your guys ideas regarding costumizable options on your character. Like diffrent helmets and diffrent chest pieces ect ect.

Of course, the game is only in pre-alpha so they only have one look... but I am curious what you guys would like to add into the visual aspect of this game. (pictures or text or both, don't really matter how you describe your thoughts and ideas)

Personally (because I will go after a more scientist, research kind of route when it comes to this game. IF it now comes out) I would like to see a bit of a scientist kind of look. You know, a sort of thinner armor, with glowing tubes (choice of colour is yours) with "experimental" or "Prototype" techology on the armor itself, the helment being more "gasmask like" and so on. :D just to add a bit of a hightech science flare :D

What would be your ideas?

An entire customizable outfit and character creator. Even more advanced than EVE's. Maybe even an actual mesh creator inside the game so you can design outfits however you want. Something like Marvelous Designer. Of course just false hopes here.

Hmm....

I understand that since this is an mmo, all the cool stuff will have to be crafted or obtained later on.  But if I can at least get a cool pilot outfit going for my character that would be pretty sweet.  Nothing too shiny and clean for me, a little bit more "used" would be ideal.

My dream would be to have a cape like Lando Calrissian in SW...  :P

Here are a few details that I would like to see as options but seem to be rare in scifi games:

Transparent visors.  Too many games make facial customization irrelevant as soon as you put on a helmet.

Pockets.  Whether you're an engineer, a soldier, an explorer or a miner you're going to need a place to store some gear to keep at the ready but this is something I very rarely see in scifi armor/outfit designs.  The nanoformer backpack is nice for bulk storage but I would still want to keep some duct tape, a leatherman and some spare ammo where I can get to them real quick without using my backpack.

Safety tether harness.  Even if safety tethers aren't actually used in the game it would be nice to at least imply their existence in the universe with a line attach point and leg harness.  It would also come in handy for grappling hooks, rock climbing and re-creating that tether trick Holden pulled with Naomi in The Expanse.

Emergency O2 hose and attachment point.  It could be interesting as a functional piece, just in case you or your buddy has a problem with an O2 supply.  (You did bring a buddy on that EVA... right?)  If not functional it would still be nice to see as a cosmetic detail.

Custom decals.  Ideally I would like to display two of them, one to represent my organization and one for me.  Of course I would also slap both logos on my constructs.

Name tag.  Any organization that has lots of people working in space will probably want to put fairly large name tags on their suits.

So a sort of a bountyhunter? xD (I basicly imagine Mccree right now)

Well I wouldnt be a bounty hunter myself.

But yes I can imagine it would be a popular look in that profession.

I'm more of a prospector/miner type.

An entire customizable outfit and character creator. Even more advanced than EVE's. Maybe even an actual mesh creator inside the game so you can design outfits however you want. Something like Marvelous Designer. Of course just false hopes here.

I see it pretty posible, there's a lot of stuff from the community that the devs are taking to implement in future expansions. :)

And nothing is impossible for a God Cat, uh?

:D

I see it pretty posible, there's a lot of stuff from the community that the devs are taking to implement in future expansions. :)

And nothing is impossible for a God Cat, uh?

:D

It couldnt hurt to keep the wishes and requests realistic. ;)

Requesting clothes, realistic.

Requesting a clothes designer, not very realistic.

:)

I see totally valid your opinion, expressed from your own and valid point of view. Now, realistic/Not realistic, well, you know is quite a subjetive thing. As Henry Ford said:

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”

Cheers!

I see totally valid your opinion, expressed from your own and valid point of view. Now, realistic/Not realistic, well, you know is quite a subjetive thing. As Henry Ford said: “Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right.”

Cheers!

Well yes, but its a probability thing. ;)

But that doesnt mean people cant ask for stuff. That wasnt my intention. :)

Well yes, but its a probability thing. ;)

But that doesnt mean people cant ask for stuff. That wasnt my intention. :)

Always it's a pleasure to read you, sharing useful and interesting things with each post. :)

It also wouldn't hurt if we all kept our comments related to the game's development.

But sometimes it's hard to resist.   ;)

I would like to see a variety of outfits to wear other than a space suit.  Personally, I want a sci-fi/steam punk get up.  (I know, not asking for much, lol). 

The more options we have in this regard the better it will be for role play.

Well if the KS is able to get the stretch goal (~$250k more...) I can see most of these aesthetics going into the game.  Like:

-obtaining a cowboy hat

-more realism (pockets and utility belts)

-multiple space suits

-sleek

-steampunk

-star wars like

-transparent birthday suits

Having solid visors are kinda something I don't want to see either.... it seems last gen.  I just hope having the option for a less opaque visor or no helmet isn't something that will cost money in a in-game market place.

It's the future.

Different equipment is obvious.

Different faces, body shapes, hair is obvious.

Tattoos, piercings, make up, face/body paint, genetic mods, cybernetics, scars

And a lot of this should be changeable via in game "barber shops"

On tattoos and the like.  I wish we could upload our own but understand why we can't in most games.  I also want to be able to adjust positioning.  In all games I've seen the positioning of such things can't be changed.  You only get to toggle it on or off... I want to be able to pick up a decal and place it anywhere on my character model.

On genetic mods.  fur... animal eyes... ears.... head shape.  You know if people could do it IRL without major side effects people would.  In a future world where medical tech has advanced as much as the tech it took to transport humanity to a new planet... such body modification should be available.

The current character creation is pitiful... understandably so but still.

The "advanced" character creation stretch goal is more like default... the low end of standard for MMOs... not actually advanced. 

Advanced is like the Black Desert Online's character creation. 

And I want something beyond even that.

This isn't something that has to be at release... but I hope they will continue to upgrade and change the character creator long long after release and offer the ability to change and update how our character looks as we play. 

Full character customization - I would love to see at a point down the line, allowing customization to the suit - even development of the characters face / race / expression ect... "I am a fan of the eve online character creator".

But also, take it a step further, allow customization that affect stats like augmentations, implants, replacement limbs, organs, with the right research and a lot of free time, some of it being cosmetic - some of it having actual effects. 

Well if the KS is able to get the stretch goal (~$250k more...) I can see most of these aesthetics going into the game.  Like:

-obtaining a cowboy hat

-more realism (pockets and utility belts)

-multiple space suits

-sleek

-steampunk

-star wars like

-transparent birthday suits

Having solid visors are kinda something I don't want to see either.... it seems last gen.  I just hope having the option for a less opaque visor or no helmet isn't something that will cost money in a in-game market place.

Well, depends really. IF the kickstarter got to that, yeah that would be in AT LAUNCH.

It isn't a must for such costumization this early on honestly, so we will see :D

I do like so far they are using the scroll color pallet ... allows more variety and uniqueness.

Of course :D (untill you see someone running around in a pink suit, I dunno why but It always takes me out a bit of the game when I see someone that looks so god damn silly in a game of this type)

• 1 month later...

Some simple things too such as different belts shoes etc, scarfs, shoulder plates alot of this would be nice. 

Though mesh creation would be amazing i don't think Devs would appreciate it as some people could just mesh out giant dicks on their chest and troll people. there would have to be sizeable limits to mesh creation.