Jetpacks!

Pang_Dread

Update #18 on the KS page. Talks about character creation and progression.

Best part(rest was good to though) was this: Outfit upgrades are things like better armor, a better jetpack (yes, jetpack!),

Seriously though I mean if I hadn't already would have pledged based on that alone.  Not sure why sure I'm so hyped about jetpacks but i am, and I'm not sorry about it. :lol:

Let's have this thing as one of the jetpack options.  Good for vertical takeoff, hovering and precise movements, basically what you want when working on the outside of a tall construct.

I noticed that they already have a female model in there, good now they dont have to deal with people bitchin about that for ages :) And damn it looks so good, so shiny :D

My fiancee is going to be thrilled that there is already a female character model. That is a friggin beautiful update!!!

Update #18 on the KS page. Talks about character creation and progression.

Best part(rest was good to though) was this: Outfit upgrades are things like better armor, a better jetpack (yes, jetpack!),

Seriously though I mean if I hadn't already would have pledged based on that alone.  Not sure why sure I'm so hyped about jetpacks but i am, and I'm not sorry about it. :lol:

They already said there will be jetpacks. uhuh

They already said there will be jetpacks. uhuh

Must have missed that then, only been following the game for a few weeks so far. But yeah jetpacks are cool! B)

Update #18 overall was really good though lots of nice bits of info.

Must have missed that then, only been following the game for a few weeks so far. But yeah jetpacks are cool! B)

Update #18 overall was really good though lots of nice bits of info.

Yeah jetpacks are cool but there will be for building only, not exploring.

Hehe I was actually "blown away" by the qaulity of the avatars.

They were of much higher graphics qaulity then expected.

Secretly hoping that we eventually get the option to wear different style clothes.

I'm big into hats.

Nice jetpack pun!

Also, though it might be a bit silly for the style they are going for, but something like a hat would be a great thing to add to a cosmetic shop (inb4 TF2 had collection simulator).

But in all seriousness, running around with a colossal sombrero would be fantastic.

Well "silly" is relative.

Thousands of people all from different ethnic backgrounds I would imagine that the fashion would project that.

It might be silly to see a sombrero, but gosh darnit I want my cowboy hat! :P

Jetpacks are somewhat required for a game that involves building. At least, if you don't want players to get frustrated at having to build ladders, stairs, platforms, and so on, just to reach their build. Makes perfect sense for them to include jetpacks as an upgrade. Some people, including myself, already knew they were being added after it was mentioned in a video I believe. It's also on the forums somewhere. If Space Engineers did one thing right, it was their jetpack. I hope the jetpacks in DUAL aren't as simple as Minecraft's creative flight. By the looks of it, it isn't going to be that way.

As somone that is big into mining and exploring im going to put ALL my points into maxing that jetpack out as soon as possible and fly around all the caves  :D

Sure about that? Why the need for "better jetpacks" if its only used during ship building.

I don't know but they told me jetpacks would only be for building, though it was said on the 20/09.