What the hell is this?

Hampius

They're a cool team actually demonstrating a team created ship, we I don't consider the ship to be small a bad thing, though the video was pretty lame that time, it was just a glimpse. It's the only video that disappointed me.

The content shown in the video is pretty simplistic but the build footage showed beforehand was also just as bare bones. Honestly with a project this size, one of my biggest concerns is if the thing actually gets finished. Presumably it will be improved but personally I feel justified with my purchase. When I bought into it I was thinking of Space Engineers the MMO. Which is enough to get me into the game.

I hope the product that comes out has a more complicated system than that but if that is what comes out I'd still be happy to play it.

I'll admit that the point of the video may have been.... undersold a bit, but I think it still looks really promising. I think most people forget that this game is still very pre alpha and devs at this point are probably less prioritized on showing nice gameplay and moreso on making sure the content works to avoid a NMS situation?

I'll admit that the point of the video may have been.... undersold a bit, but I think it still looks really promising. I think most people forget that this game is still very pre alpha and devs at this point are probably less prioritized on showing nice gameplay and moreso on making sure the content works to avoid a NMS situation?

Good points. I would suggest that the last two asteroid videos (short versions of base and ship building) have seen a big improvement in terms of editing and direction. And the quality of the videos will surely improve over time. I'm happy with this as long as they don't start producing videos that feature footage that is NOT included in the game. This type of art direction stuff isn't too far away from lying in my book. Unfortunately, it's pretty endemic in the gaming industry.

The most recent update shows the construction of a large freighter ship by multiple players, looks FANTASTIC

Yes it does.

Its exactly what I wanted to see.

Would have prefered to see them build on some grassy terrain but beggars cant be choosers. :P

Getting to this thread a little late but:

To those complaining about the video - go ahead and judge a game by a PRE-ALPHA demo. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

I expect to see this game improve and grow over the next few years.