What the hell is this?

Hampius

Im just wondering where everyone was when other members did this exact thing, threatening to rescind their pledge if NQ didnt make DAC's loot able. That one got an official post requesting our views on DACs from NQ, but this members first post on his questions and doubts was for the most part ignored

Community instantly showed disrespect to that guy.

But don't forget, when it repeats and repeats, the reaction would be bigger and bigger.

If this guy would be constructive, he would:

• Suggest how to improve video
  • Suggest what need to be removed/changed
  • Won't write about withdraws
  • Give professional review (if he is prof and care about game)

I find the OP's reaction to be a bit of a overreaction personally... tho I understand what he thinks.

The game is sitll in early alpha and that the ship is SIMPLE is probably mostly due to it being a small side quick thing, and that they haven't added that many elements yet. I think they are still working on the more technical things more than the designs of stuff.

Im just wondering where everyone was when other members did this exact thing, threatening to rescind their pledge if NQ didnt make DAC's loot able. That one got an official post requesting our views on DACs from NQ, but this members first post on his questions and doubts was for the most part ignored

You are fighting for this guy but don't forget the attacks you lead on me. There is no valid reason why I couldn't have expressed my opinion and had no attacks, while this guy gets a free pass by your logic. 

My appearance depends on the toxicity and problems arisen. I appear now to call your claim.

You are fighting for this guy but don't forget the attacks you lead on me. There is no valid reason why I couldn't have expressed my opinion and had no attacks, while this guy gets a free pass by your logic. 

My appearance depends on the toxicity and problems arisen. I appear now to call your claim.

Offering a critique on the promotional video is hardly the same as appearing out of no where and calling people liars and demanding they prove something to you

Offering a critique on the promotional video is hardly the same as appearing out of no where and calling people liars and demanding they prove something to you

Beg to differ though. When I offer my opinion only you guys attack me now. When he offered his opinion people of all ranges attacked him.

I can now force you to attack me and back him if I so choose. You have such a disposition against me. I can argue that he's wrong and you're just going to support him to attack me.

Beg to differ though. When I offer my opinion only you guys attack me now. When he offered his opinion people of all ranges attacked him.

I can now force you to attack me and back him if I so choose. You have such a disposition against me. I can argue that he's wrong and you're just going to support him to attack me.

Oky doky, whatever you say.

Since you're clearly just trying to get attention i'm going to stop giving it to you.

Oky doky, whatever you say.

Since you're clearly just trying to get attention i'm going to stop giving it to you.

Alright. You can stop giving it. Just stop trying to defend reason that would make my posts legitimate. Thanks for clearing that up.

Edit:

Another point. This guy did attack someone. He also threatened them with his pledge and started this topic.

That guy is Hampius and is attacking Novaquark. You can't argue that him and myself are different. At least I show Novaqark respect though, by not going after them and defending a guy who had attacked them.

First of the devs won't create a city out of their hands that's really too long to do, and what they need is to develop the game. Now, about the ship I'm both agreeing and disagreeing with the post, in fact if you look the structure there are cuts into the voxel bricks but we didn't see how they'd made it, the video was like a low frame-rate time-lapse. The ship could have been better but in fact what lacks was the video as we didn't see HOW they've made the ship.

4 days till the end of KS campaign and you release this (can't call it otherwise) crap?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/posts/1700295

Come on, you can be better than this! I've withdrawn my money from KS, but it doesn't mean I wouldn't be backing the game up again, but I need to be convinced! I need to feel that you know what you are doing, but I can't see it at the moment. You show a video of three people building a spacecraft...great idea and all, but one person built like two lines of voxels (how sophisticated...sigh) and other two added pre-made elements. If this is what the engine currently allows for, it's just even worse than Landmark before 2014...

Either do not show such vidoes or show some really good stuff - people creating cities or bigger, more complex ships made of more complex voxel shapes, because at the moment it just looks simplistic. In other words - bad marketing from your side...

Kind regards,

H.

A ) Unless you can provide solid proof of your alleged PR career, I do not believe you.

B ) Would you prefer JC Baillie to overhype the game without showing any pre-alpha proof of multiplayer? You want more Sean Murray perhaps? You miss being lied to I guess, cause that's what a meticulously crafted trailer is (I also guess you would know that if you were into marketing to begin with).

C ) I (and many others) praise them for not giving an F for "pretty footage". Three people built a ship, it flies, you can see pretty textures and a base layout.

I prefer the devs showing clumsy videos with what they already HAVE done, than ultra-edited hype fuel that oversell their game and will force them in a corner around release. If you want some Kool Aid in video form to justify your hype, that's your issue good sir, not the Devs' issue.

Better luck next time, your withdrawal wasn't even felt :V

No, it's you who do not understand how really successfull campaigns work - releasing 1 minute video that shows practically nothing doesn't do good. It gives the opposite effect (and believe me, I know what I'm talking about, I've been working in PR/Marketing departments for the past 10 years).

I can understand it's the pre-alpha gameplay, but it's a kind of gameplay you don't put as an update to KS campaign, because it updates nothing - it shows nothing new, it shows nothing impressive, in fact, it shows the lack of what it really should show - the ability to trully build whatever people want to. 

I'm being emotional in my first (and probably this one too) post, but it's because I really would like to see DU success. The idea itself is innovative, but somehow, DU stuff is unable to express what they (hopefully) want to achieve. Right now I am only full of doubts which weren't changed over the past updates...

I understand getting emotional over something you want to succeed.  I really do.  Saying "No, you don't understand" isn't much of a viewpoint though.  It amounts to nothing more than an 'i'm right and you're wrong' argument.  Not very productive.  Star Citizen made millions in pledge donations before they released a single video.  Hard to argue with that particular Kickstarter campaigns success.

First to correct your statement, in the mentioned post https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/9107-boo-are-they-really-who-they-say-they-are/page-1

this was my initial reply to you,

"this, if true, will self correct when the game launches anyways.  I honestly don't worry about what other organizations are doing.  if they are doing crooked things, they will be found out eventually, and either way it doesn't effect me."

I don't understand how you consider that as leading attacks on you?

you then attacked me, telling me my view was stupid.

"GalloInfligo, do you not realize how stupid this is? Each of these members are fake, gaining more attention and getting them more members. Even though it's false, they still profit. Don't you think that's kindof bad for the community. 

You should also consider what else I said about them and how they are bullshitting. 

Even though this is attacking BOO, I'm ready to get rid of this forum post if Cybrex get's his shit together."

So on to this topic, do I agree anyone should post a I pulled my KS backing because of X?  No, I don't but at the same time does NQ want to know what people are thinking, what is making people not back it, what is making the backers decide to pull out???  I'm willing to bet they do want to know the answers to those questions.

The real question should be, Hampius.... What could they do within their means of time and pre-alpha, to gain your trust to back their KS?

Some people may know too much marketing but too little of vibration...
And they don't know exactly where it leads the habit of complaining and moaning... They only feel the results in their lifes, but they can't imagine how comes that pain and misery they suffer...

For the rest of the community, you're great guys, thanks for your enthusiasm, it's almost done!

PS: the big and beautiful things often begins with small and humble steps. Remember, for instance, that the Beatles were rejected by DECCA (the strongest music company back then) in 1962, before they went to Parlophone (a small filial of EMI). And yes, in that audition for Decca, the Beatles didn't sound precisely incredible (anyway, they were pretty lively and cool). So imagine the DECCA directors after the BIG BOOM of "the fab four"... Then, to compensate that historic disaster, they had to launch the Rolling Stones (which, by the way, they were fantastic to me too).

Honestly...
I was underwhelmed by the video. That ship could have been built by a single player. It didn't really show us much that we haven't seen already.
If it's multiple builders, I'm expecting to see a multi-crew ship.

That being said. I wasn't expecting to see a new video anyways, so it's just sprinkles on an already great cake.
I didn't need the sprinkles. Maybe I didn't even want the sprinkles. But, it's still a great cake.

The sprinkles aren't going to entice me to go grab some cake.

I feel the same way about the char create video.

Underwhelmed by the video - though, I'm pleased to know that we won't be limited to just male characters (Hero's Song says, "Give us a break. It's Alpha. Females will be an option later")

I'm very skeptical that the devs can actually achieve their vision. But, I'm willing to support them because it's a phenomenal vision.

If you aren't convinced already, you'll have to wait for the devs to deliver more. That's OK.

I liked the video and i really appreciated that they did it. People asked to see multiplayer building, and they delivered it. If someone complains about not showing much like huge cities or whatever, didnt get the point of the video in the first place. And regarding the tech to build cities, it's obviously there, did you forgot about that huge orbital station already in the game?

It starts to be frustrating to answer all this bs, false accusations and sentences taken out from context, that has already been answered multiple times...

I admit I don't get the point of multiple people building a tiny ship that could easily have been built by one person.

But, I'm coming from Landmark, so I'm probably jaded.

We'll be able to build very large ships and structures eventually. Hence why it makes sense to allow multiple people to build it so it goes faster, plus if it a guild project then also makes sense to allow multiple players to help build it. The video was just a quick example of how it could work.

A small team of engineers, make a couple "concept" videos outlining the games potential. I see nothing wrong here. Go back something you actually believe in.

It showed that multiple players can work together on a construct and the game keeps track of ownership etc. in some reasonable way.

You can't do that in Second Life. Pretty cool.

With a little imagination you can see that:

On a big ship, one person could lay out the central structure, another could build the life support section, another could build structures to hang the prefab components (elements) on. The last guy who's in a different time zone logs in later, adds elements and finishing tying everything together. Then, I'll jump in and do the scripting, lol.