New! Multiplayer Building Pre-Alpha Video

KingNazar

Textures = Very Pretty
Building VFX = Very Very Good
Them wing placements on the front near the cockpit = My OCD kicked in.

Names above Avatars' heads = Not good.

I hope that was a demonstration to showcase they were different people and not bots, but in the case of them removing above-avatarss-names, they use that Element tab system they use when they aim at a cockpit, or an engine, where a tab pops up.

Crowded cities would become insufferable if people have to deal with 10,000 peoples' names when trying to find one person in the crowd.. Just saying.

Yea the names above the heads was not so good. Good chance its just for now.

I can imagine in cities the names will disappear from a certain distance.

It's not just the cities. Smuggling a person in a ship will be quite impossible if names are to pop up behind surfaces. O.o That's why I'm saying they could use the tab system they use with the Elements in building mode, you put your cross-hairs on someone, you see their name.

Not to mention all the gameplay aspects coming out of it, like name scrambling (think stealth from other games, only you blend in the crowd easier), or a guy having "Counter-Intelligence" skills, that unscramble a person's name, or even cooler, stealth suits, that reduce the range at wihch the name tab will show up on the people swiping through an area to spot you.

I mean, Emergent Gameplay and stuff.

Names are needed in a mmorpg, it's a social feature that you cant just remove. Maybe there could be some kind of device that could give you some kind of stealth and in that case would remove the name.

I don't see the reason to hide a name. It would be nice if a player could decide not to see names further than a certain distance (to avoid clutter) or for names in-general to not be visible at a certain distance.

I'm willing to bet that proper cloaking could probably hide your name if that ever gets implemented, otherwise it would be suspicious as heck to see a name floating around with no ship or character.

They should have built a different type of ship. Variety is the spice of life!

They should have yes.

But might have been a time issue. Good news was we got to see some nice shapes and textures on that base.

Names are needed in a mmorpg, it's a social feature that you cant just remove. Maybe there could be some kind of device that could give you some kind of stealth and in that case would remove the name.

I never said to remove the name, I only said to change the way the names are displayed to the same tab system they use for Elements, you point at a person with your cross-hairs and you get a tab with their name, organisation and other info. You can even call those tabs "calling cards", that a person may put into them something like :

["Petyr Baelish / = The Fingers = /  "World's kinkiest banana"]

or whatever :P The names are still there, it only takes actual effort to look up a person's Calling Card by focuing at them.

They should have yes.

But might have been a time issue. Good news was we got to see some nice shapes and textures on that base.

I was also excited about that base :)

Haha, I did not even notice that. :P

You are way less OCD than some of us then :P

But in general, NQ doesn't give much for vanity's sake, on their E3 trailer, they let in the the part at the start where a cloud's texture clipped for a moment as the craft was taking off.

You are way less OCD than some of us then :P

But in general, NQ doesn't give much for vanity's sake, on their E3 trailer, they let in the the part at the start where a cloud's texture clipped for a moment as the craft was taking off.

Hehe twerk, I have many issues but OCD aint one of them. :P

Yea the big name games put a lot of money into their demo's and trailers. Often leading to presentations that dont even resemble the actual game.

I like the simple no nonsense videos from NQ. Flaws and everything.

Hehe twerk, I have many issues but OCD aint one of them. :P

Yea the big name games put a lot of money into their demo's and trailers. Often leading to presentations that dont even resemble the actual game.

I like the simple no nonsense videos from NQ. Flaws and everything.

I would expect them to put out a video demonstrating the physics grid, with them building a derpty spacecraft, Benny Hill music in the background and a compilation of ships flying badly. That would be amazing because they were built terribly.

And on the PvP video, they should add Miley Cyrus' Wrecking Ball, with them demolishing stuff.

the wing is suppose to be like that, it's design feature, stability true instability :)...

Hovering name tags are ugly, i would prefer you only see the name up close. But if they have tab targeting hiding in the bushed may be hard

the wing is suppose to be like that, it's design feature, stability true instability :)...

Hovering name tags are ugly, i would prefer you only see the name up close. But if they have tab targeting hiding in the bushed may be hard

Well, if they were to add the same tabs pop-up for the Elements with an avatar's Calling Card in the game, they would only see you if they actively scan you for your Calling Card, so hiding in bushes could work that way. Unless if you wear yellow colors in a field of brown. Then they will notice you regardless of that :P .

We're going to need name plates that don't require aiming in order to pick specific people out of a crowd.

In video games, we lack the variety of cues that allow us to easily pick individuals out of a crowd in real life.

I expect there will be stealth mechanics to aid hiding, when players wish to hide. We should have character skills that help obscure the name plates, rather than simply relying on player skills to hide.

I love the idea of having asymmetric ships - I just hope we'll be able to get them to fly well.