what kinds of weather if there is any and solar flairs

waynethecool

i know the devs said that weather was a possible but the challenge would be to make it visible to all players and in space also i want to know are they going to add the sun to have solar flairs to add the northern lights just like in the poles of our planet  by charging up our ionosphere but the ships would they take damage from the solar flairs if so how can we counter it and what can we do

i hope theres some intense weather effects, imagine cruising on a desert planet to have a battlefield 1 like sandstorm hit you. or really heavy fog/rain to make Forrest extra spooky. Solar flairs are cool aswell i guess

I read that they have no plans for doing weather.  To much work to render weather in 4 dimensions.  We can't even do good climate science on one planet with supercomputers.  

You don't actually manage to create a real weather cycle, but you can at least simulate it. Rain, clouds randomly distributed, season with snow (snow physics on the ground then ouch). But tornadoes and hurricanes are too much to possibly do, even wind would come difficult.

You don't actually manage to create a real weather cycle, but you can at least simulate it. Rain, clouds randomly distributed, season with snow (snow physics on the ground then ouch). But tornadoes and hurricanes are too much to possibly do, even wind would come difficult.

I mean, it would be really cool, but it's not exactly low hanging fruit.  It would be great to have different compositions of atmosphere, hydrosphere, different gravity, unique biomes, etc.  But that sort of thing will probably have to wait until DU 2.0 when they have millions to drop on R&D and hardware.

I mean, it would be really cool, but it's not exactly low hanging fruit.  It would be great to have different compositions of atmosphere, hydrosphere, different gravity, unique biomes, etc.  But that sort of thing will probably have to wait until DU 2.0 when they have millions to drop on R&D and hardware.

Ok for the gravity, and the air being breathable or not, but the rest won't be available soon as you said; 2.0.