Currency name?

Khaymann

Well, even if people will use bartering as merchants, I can't see mercenaries being paid in bananas. Because, you know, money would be untraceable (in-game that is, not in the real world) , and its value is the same as an object throughout the server.

id accept weapons or new ships as payment

That's not how the RDMS works >_>

if im just doing merc work I don't need to be untraceable. just need a cannonfoder ship to wreak something with then dumb it or scrap it lol

this is going to be my ship anyways

4802.jpg

if im just doing merc work I don't need to be untraceable. just need a cannonfoder ship to wreak something with then dumb it or scrap it lol

this is going to be my ship anyways

4802.jpg

Reminds me of that ship from Titan A.E.!

No. We cannot have cabbage as the currency. I must be tulips. Us humans must learn from the people on Earth and all their mistakes. Don't trade it a piece of paper that can potentially start wars? Trade with flowers!

Why not just have the units of currency be m^3 of iron, or other metals/materials that are common and essential construction materials.  Then you get to choose to pay the iron price or the gold price ;).

So say I sell a ship and charge 1000Fe for it, I would also accept 800Al or 100Au or 300U  whatever, you get the idea.  Let the scarcity of materials be the value of them.  This also makes construct's values be properly calculated.

The point of currency is to make transactions easier without multiple conversions.  No barter please.

If we crashed on a distant planet with only the Arkship then ....

AC = Ark Credits or Ark Creds for short

Short and simple without needing to the power of unnecessary.

The point of currency is to make transactions easier without multiple conversions.  No barter please.

If we crashed on a distant planet with only the Arkship then ....

AC = Ark Credits or Ark Creds for short

Short and simple without needing to the power of unnecessary.

That actually work well I think. There will be bartering in the early days but after a few days I think it will subside. Then again it depends on if we start with any kind of currency.

DUC - Dual Universe Credit

Cut off the Dual and..

Universal Credit(s)

It's simple and to the point, even ISK (from Eve Online) means "Inter Stellar Kredit". Also, I guess if you want to keep the French language theme, "crédits universels"? 

Cut off the Dual and..

Universal Credit(s)

It's simple and to the point, even ISK (from Eve Online) means "Inter Stellar Kredit". Also, I guess if you want to keep the French language theme, "crédits universels"? 

Not to mention any confusion with people trading a battleship for 1,000,000 Ducks.