Blueprint construction

borzol

So far i didnt read or hear about how they want to handle construction of blueprints. My suggestion is that blueprints will be build by construction vehicles (ships and hovercrafts). My idea is that you would have to put construction module (there could be several types of it depending on size of the blueprint). Besides that construction ship would need a lot of cargo space for resources for construction and finally you will need construction drones. More you have faster you build. For example if you would want to build a large space station from blueprint you will need ship with lots of cargo space to put all resouces needed for construction and lots of contrsruction drones. What do you think?

While your ideas are certainly noteworthy, blueprint construction has been announced as being handled by a certain construction element. So the whole blueprint is constructed at once, in an element that's something like a drydock. By default, you will not be able to add anything to blueprint constructions, nor save them as your own blueprint.

I too would like to see these construction elements taking on a modular form, where players can build the "build space" to the necessary size and then connect whatever additional elements are needed.

nor save them as your own blueprint.

Explain.  Are all blueprints going to be available to everyone?  That doesn't seem reasonable; it would make more sense and be fairer for those that put in the time to develop something to re create it but not others.  Also, this promotes the market like they wanted.  If I build the starship enterprise and you want the starship enterprise, then I should be allowed to recreate this object for you and sell it to you.  This is how second life addresses this and this is how the market thrives in second life.  Of course in second life if you can't afford my starship enterprise well then, you are also welcome to recreate for the low low price of your time...and then potentially sell it lower than me!  

Space Engineers and Empyrion take it further by only allowing the owner to blue print their respective objects.  This is also a good idea as we will have rampant patent infringement trolls if we don't do this. The largest cost in any product is R&D; by allowing others to essentially steal and skip this cost it produces an unfair environment. 

Not allowing ownership of blue prints doesn't seem to fit their ideas..