Localized Markets

Partiesplayin

In the Kick starter video they say that markets will be localized and player driven literally built by the players in the virtual world  . Does that mean there won't be a global market at safe zones to buy sell and trade from ?  Also i can foresee it being a bit dangerous to bring people to a location you are storing your goods as also mentioned in the video. This could lead to piracy from rebel factions or players. An interesting but dangerous concept. I just hope there are trading hubs in the game at least, where it is safe to park buy / sell / trade and not have to visit someones installation where you could get ambushed  . There will be thousands of markets in dual universe :) each one dangerous or a possible gold mine......

Markets are created by players.  How safe a market will be depends on the players. There will be tools to have very safe to not safe at all market locations.  Obviously the market creator or creators have a personal interest in making their market as safe as possible .... more traffic or transactions the bigger the pie is from where they will get their percentage from.

IDK if there will be a distance limit as to the available buy sell items or contracts you can see.  Maybe depends on your technology such as only can see planet wide, or then system wide, or then galaxy wide. No matter what though, you will have to physically go to that market to grab the item.

You are right, markets will be localized with items of trade been "physically" stored in containers, at least from what i understand. So there wont be a "email" system in game where you can send goods across the galaxy in an instant, But there hasn't been any word on building your market in the starting safe zone as of yet.

1) Market units are buildable inside the arkship safe zone

2) Markets are physically based but the devs thought about introducing inter-connectable Information Unit in a later update that will connect to markets in a radius and allow remote access.

The interconnection means it will work as relays and you may be able to connect markets from planet to planet if you place enough information units at a regular interval

In the Kick starter video they say that markets will be localized and player driven literally built by the players in the virtual world . Does that mean there won't be a global market at safe zones to buy sell and trade from ? Also i can foresee it being a bit dangerous to bring people to a location you are storing your goods as also mentioned in the video. This could lead to piracy from rebel factions or players. An interesting but dangerous concept. I just hope there are trading hubs in the game at least, where it is safe to park buy / sell / trade and not have to visit someones installation where you could get ambushed . There will be thousands of markets in dual universe :) each one dangerous or a possible gold mine......

I think this post is good source for extra information about markets.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1949863330/dual-universe-civilization-building-sci-fi-mmorpg/posts/1692359

Edit ... typo