Confusion

Ghezra

His first reaction after he was proven wrong was ok, but then he held a long speech spitting on a peace offer by Novaquark which was pure disgusting ego inflation.

Well, he did say he "is not any Dev's friend", because he doesn't want his objectivity to be seen as bought out. And he has criticised many Devs that held him in praise to "get to his good side" because their games were hacks that meant to mislead people into buying the game. In fact, what got me to check the game out was his reaction video after seeing that the ship models were editable, when he said "I like this feeling of being proven I'm full of shit" and that's what I respected on the Devs' part. They HAVE an actual stable game to show for and they are not pumping smoke. If you want to think Bluedrake as a "bad guy" for voicing VALID cncerns given the current gaming industry, go see IGN's video on Dual Universe, with the comment in parenthesies "No Man's Sky type of game". IGN are the guys you should yell at for giving 9 out of 10 to companies who by those rating from them.

IMO, the NQ Devs WILL have something to show every time they upload a video.  So far, they DO have things to show for that are CRUCIAL in the game. Voxel Editing, smooth spheres, smooth transitions between surface and space, gravity orientation in space, customisation of constructs. Those are KEY elements of a game and they have it locked down and given some research done in some bibliography on J.C. Baillie's part, the server tech was in his mind for quite a while, it seems to be planned out thoroughly.

So, don't hate on Bluedrake, he ain't the bad guy for questioning the E3 trailer. Heck, when I saw that I was like "yeah, this game is not gonna last a month worth of interest for me" and then I read the devblogs, done my research in the Unigine 2 and why they chose it and I was like : 

".... wait... these guys made the server tech first and THEN moved into game developement... O_o" I was genuinely surprised. Space Engineers did the whole "Game Development" before thinking out the servers. And guess who helped them by voicing his opinion. BLUEDRAKE. So once more, don't hate someone for valid concerns and policies, especially when that same guy admitted he was wrong. 

I told you admitting he was wrong was ok, but his ego inflation after a peace offer was not. Novaquark did nothing like "praising to get to his good side", they simply wanted to settle the dispute - that he had started. His following hour-long rant against them was completely out of place.

Boasting his bigheaded supposed importance in that speech containing zero other informatiion was probably the most cringy thing I have ever seen on Youtube.

I told you admitting he was wrong was ok, but his ego inflation after a peace offer was not. Novaquark did nothing like "praising to get to his good side", they simply wanted to settle the dispute - that he had started. His following hour-long rant against them was completely out of place.

Boasting his bigheaded supposed importance in that speech containing zero other informatiion was probably the most cringy thing I have ever seen on Youtube.

Really? Was it cringier than IGN lying about NMS' "ship building" and all that? Or any other hype-train Gamespot poured over all of the internet on games that were "10/10" and were bull on steroids instead? Don't be a fanatic good sir.  And Bluedrake makes money by setting up communities for game developers. That's his craft, not his youtube videos. Youtube for him is but a hobby for his military simulation games. He is a professional when it comes to criticising. And if you find Bluedrake's opinion and policies offensive when he doesn't want to be on "good terms" with devs to maintain his objectitivity, then I can't see us discussing this any longer.

So long.

Unfortunately, it works for him. I actually doubt he even cares enough as he portrays in his videos about some of the things he discusses. It's an act, an over zealous act to gain reactions. Doesn't matter what kind of publicity you get, even bad publicity is good. Though, his stuff is incredibly cringy and I just can't sit through it.

It just isn't my style, but it works for him and people enjoy it. 

He did have some valid concerns to begin with however, so there is that I suppose.

CaptainTwerkmotor, stop flooding me about NMS or other games I am not interested in or about other Youtube videos I don't know. I was referring to Bluedrake's videos on DU which were full of false accusations, cringy ego inflation, and quite some gutter language and misogyny in his idioms which I also hate. I won't waste more time with the guy's stuff and there is nothing you can change about that. You may go on enjoying him and I will go on ignoring him, we don't have to agree on him.

CaptainTwerkmotor, stop flooding me about NMS or other games I am not interested in or about other Youtube videos I don't know. I was referring to Bluedrake's videos on DU which were full of false accusations, cringy ego inflation, and quite some gutter language and misogyny in his idioms which I also hate. I won't waste more time with the guy's stuff and there is nothing you can change about that. You may go on enjoying him and I will go on ignoring him, we don't have to agree on him.

You sir, sound like the most White of the Whitest Knights of Twitter I've ever seen. Good luck in life, you'll surely need it. May the quantum mechanics be ever in your favor.

I need good luck in life because I don't like false accusations, cringy ego inflation, gutter language, and misogyny? I never thought I would ever say that to you, but could you elabrorate on that?

I need good luck in life because I don't like false accusations, cringy ego inflation, gutter language, and misogyny? I never thought I would ever say that to you, but could you elabrorate on that?

Nah, you need it because you maintain anger after a person apologises and because you are a fanatic. Ain't nobody liking those.

Aha, and you thought you were expressing that by painstakingly ornamenting the term "White Knight"?

I told you three times now that his apology for spreading false accusations was ok, but his refusal afterwards to settle the dispute he started, and instead reacting to Novaquark simply and politely "hoping for communication on a healthier basis in the future" by holding a hostile speech full of escalating ego inflation was pitiful. And he never apologized for that.

On lack of hype:

There are a lot of games that have this same kind of look. Proc-gen and dynamic server loading are just kind of hitting a stride where they can do a really cool space setting, and so there's a few games out like this, and DU is kinda lost in that shuffle. From what's been seen, it's not necessarily more interesting than NMS, based on the marketing alone. And NMS looks prettier and is out sooner. Once this game can show something that's fresh and new, it'll start to take off. I'd strongly suggest using this hype to get the most ardent and creative followers into the Alpha to actually build some stuff so they can show it off, and build hype further from there.

On Bluedrake:

His rants actually got me interested in this game, because he was pretty repulsive and pedantic. If you pick up a smoking gun and beat someone mercilessly with it, eventually, I feel kinda bad for the shooter, particularly if they didn't kill anyone. That's kinda what happened for me watching his videos on Dual Universe. Using the idea that they used store-bought assets instead of building an impresive capital ship in game on systems that are not finished as unequivocal proof of incompetence and immorality is silly, especially going on for an hour about how the promise that everything will be made in game not being fulfilled yet is just the worst and anyone who disagrees is a bleeding idiot, or decrying the immorality of hyping a pre-alpha game, which, for an indie, is kinda necessary to get it done. Perhaps he didn't know about the server-tech-first mentality when he went on his rant about server tech. Doesn't matter, I suppose, I didn't watch him because I thought his research was top-notched, I watched because I wanted to hear someone be passionate about something, and someone passionately against the game would tell me more about the game than someone passionately for it, honestly. I'm glad he was proven wrong, and not surprised it didn't 'take.' He's a shock jockey, and he serves a purpose and I appreciate that as that and nothing more.

On lack of hype:

There are a lot of games that have this same kind of look. Proc-gen and dynamic server loading are just kind of hitting a stride where they can do a really cool space setting, and so there's a few games out like this, and DU is kinda lost in that shuffle. From what's been seen, it's not necessarily more interesting than NMS, based on the marketing alone. And NMS looks prettier and is out sooner. Once this game can show something that's fresh and new, it'll start to take off. I'd strongly suggest using this hype to get the most ardent and creative followers into the Alpha to actually build some stuff so they can show it off, and build hype further from there.

On Bluedrake:

His rants actually got me interested in this game, because he was pretty repulsive and pedantic. If you pick up a smoking gun and beat someone mercilessly with it, eventually, I feel kinda bad for the shooter, particularly if they didn't kill anyone. That's kinda what happened for me watching his videos on Dual Universe. Using the idea that they used store-bought assets instead of building an impresive capital ship in game on systems that are not finished as unequivocal proof of incompetence and immorality is silly, especially going on for an hour about how the promise that everything will be made in game not being fulfilled yet is just the worst and anyone who disagrees is a bleeding idiot, or decrying the immorality of hyping a pre-alpha game, which, for an indie, is kinda necessary to get it done. Perhaps he didn't know about the server-tech-first mentality when he went on his rant about server tech. Doesn't matter, I suppose, I didn't watch him because I thought his research was top-notched, I watched because I wanted to hear someone be passionate about something, and someone passionately against the game would tell me more about the game than someone passionately for it, honestly. I'm glad he was proven wrong, and not surprised it didn't 'take.' He's a shock jockey, and he serves a purpose and I appreciate that as that and nothing more.

This guy gets it. Bluedrakes videos I think did more good than bad in the long run.

This guy gets it. Bluedrakes videos I think did more good than bad in the long run.

Bluedrake videos did bring me over here, so there goes one good thing.

I'll be expecting the rotten tomatoes volleys with dignity

I must admit, I'm a little confused.

Novaquark released the in-game pre-alpha footage. It looked awesome, it was smooth, it conveyed all of the tech they promised and it showed how it was possible to have the vision they have.

Yet, when I went on the subreddit, 133 subscribed.

I come on the forums, and there are just a couple dozen active people.

WHAT is HAPPENING. I feel like I've gone insane.

How can this game not have a larger following? We've been griping as a community for a game like this for years. Years and years. Practically every day there are posts in Space Engineers of people wishing for a larger scope, more multiplayer. Every day on the No Mans Sky reddit about wishing for multiplayer and more customization. Every day in modded minecraft about something new and progressive but somehow keeps that emergent game-play.

These are very different games, every one of them, and yet the ideals they dream for are almost all contained in Dual Universe.

There are so many broken promises out there, Unsung Story, Broken Age, Areal, Sticks and Starships, Planet Explorers, on and on. Games that never even made it to the stage that Dual Universe is showing as a PRE Alpha.

I'm telling all of my friends. I'm sharing photos and videos like a 35 year old woman who just got her third cat. And I hope you are all doing the same.

This is a game we have all been waiting for for a long time. Let's make sure they know it.

If they release a video of 10 thousand supposed clients from around the world having an epic space battle with 100 players per ship etc, with 30 fps and stable multiplayer environment, THEN, you will see a huge following of this game, specifically EVE players.

Bluedrake42 did nothing wrong he just didnt beleive the project at the start and have some proff that later became cuincidense backing his accusations.But Bluedrake is not a bad youtuber,A bad youtuber would be Levelcap gaming ruining gaming communitys like battlefield and squad with his ideas thar just dont make sense.

I must admit, I'm a little confused.

Novaquark released the in-game pre-alpha footage. It looked awesome, it was smooth, it conveyed all of the tech they promised and it showed how it was possible to have the vision they have.

Yet, when I went on the subreddit, 133 subscribed.

I come on the forums, and there are just a couple dozen active people.

WHAT is HAPPENING. I feel like I've gone insane.

How can this game not have a larger following? We've been griping as a community for a game like this for years. Years and years. Practically every day there are posts in Space Engineers of people wishing for a larger scope, more multiplayer. Every day on the No Mans Sky reddit about wishing for multiplayer and more customization. Every day in modded minecraft about something new and progressive but somehow keeps that emergent game-play.

These are very different games, every one of them, and yet the ideals they dream for are almost all contained in Dual Universe.

There are so many broken promises out there, Unsung Story, Broken Age, Areal, Sticks and Starships, Planet Explorers, on and on. Games that never even made it to the stage that Dual Universe is showing as a PRE Alpha.

I'm telling all of my friends. I'm sharing photos and videos like a 35 year old woman who just got her third cat. And I hope you are all doing the same.

This is a game we have all been waiting for for a long time. Let's make sure they know it.

I talked about DU to my family, to the community of a big modded french Minecraft server and I hope I brought 10 or 15 players on DU :) There were 27 votes on the second strawpoll for the name of my organization, I hope a part of them will play !

And yes DU is an epic game