Alpha / Beta Monthly Subscription?

CodeGlitch0

@Op because I want to show you that we are right. I contacted NQ in your place.

I appreciate that.

But I'd also like to point out that posting on the official NovaQuark forum for Dual Universe, asking for a response from NovaQuark IS contacting the developer. 

I appreciate that.

But I'd also like to point out that posting on the official NovaQuark forum for Dual Universe, asking for a response from NovaQuark IS contacting the developer.

Then I would like to point out that NQ and Nyzaltar are very busy with the kickstarter and all.

And if you took the time to look in the news section of the forum you would see that Nyzaltar often posts with answers for the community. Answering all the AMA questions take time. Look its not my job defending NQ but NQ has always been ready to answer questions. They have other things to do then sit on the forum all day long. You could have just contacted NQ if you do not trust the community.

Wich I now did for you.

Will post the answer as soon as I get it.

It is stated in the definition of the words "access key" which is listed on every single package on kickstarter where that item applies. I don't know what else you want.

I got an "access key" to download World of Warcraft at one point.  That didn't mean I could play it without a subscription.  It just meant I could download the client/game for it.

Then I would like to point out that NQ and Nyzaltar are very busy with the kickstarter and all.

And if you took the time to look in the news section of the forum you would see that Nyzaltar often posts with answers for the community. Answering all the AMA questions take time. Look its not my job defending NQ but NQ has always been ready to answer questions. They have other things to do then sit on the forum all day long. You could have just contacted NQ if you do not trust the community.

NQ-Nyzaltar is the community manager for DU. It is his/her (I'm not sure which is correct) job to monitor the community (which includes the forum, last I checked) and provide responses on NQ's behalf. I assume he/she is being paid for that job. If not, he/she is being shafted by NQ.

So, no. I don't feel bad asking for a public response from the person dedicated to managing community questions about DU.

But did you contact him?

You didnt.

You made a thread on the forum.

Like I said not my job defending NQ or Nyzaltar but people who have been here for a while wont have anything bad to say about how the community is being treated.

Now lets wait for the official response.

So someone on KS has reminded me where to find the OP's answer. Its in the very first KS update. Now OP you cant say you've been looking hard....

//

Alpha/Beta access: no subscription involved

//

Its right there on the KS page.

Thank you! You are a gem.

You saved me from having to write a lengthy response that should never have been necessary anyway. I will put this link on the opening post.

Thank you! You are a gem.

You saved me from having to write a lengthy response that should never have been necessary anyway. I will put this link on the opening post.

Happy you have your answer.

But dont go around saying silly things if you clearly did not look at all the sources. NQ did state it clearly.

Not intended to start an arguement but honestly...

Happy you have your answer.

But dont go around saying silly things if you clearly did not look at all the sources. NQ did state it clearly.

Not intended to start an arguement but honestly...

Funny, it sounds like you are trying to start an argument.  A simple like on his post would have sufficed. 

Fortunately, I won't bite.

Funny, it sounds like you are trying to start an argument. A simple like on his post would have sufficed.

Fortunately, I won't bite.

No its not, really.

I actually did like his post.

You have your answer and thats all that matters. :)

Hi CodeGlitch0,

Reminder: If you want a quicker answer about the Kickstarter campaign during the Kickaster campaign, it is best to ask the questions in the comments of the Kickstarter page. All questions are regularly answered there. 

To conclude the topic:

Yes, Alpha and Beta phases won't require a monthly subscription (but you will need Alpha and/or Closed Beta Access Keys to participate to these phases). We thought it wouldn't be fair to charge a sub for an unfinished product.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Yeah, I was going to cross-post to the Kickstarter, but I figured there would be far less chance of it getting buried on the forums and I didn't want to duplicate questions.  Thank you for responding, though. Sorry it became necessary.

I should have noticed the answer in the KS update, but I glanced over that line apparently.  My mistake, and I am happy to own up to it.

It's unfortunate that the post exploded, when I just looking for a response or an official source. I'm kind of glad that this discussion didn't happen on the KS page though.

Anyways.... Moving on! Thanks again.