Free to play, Buy to Play or Pay to Play.

Antioch

You may find a wealth of discussion on this topic here

That said, subscription because I want the game to be open to evolving over time instead of stuck forever on the same hardware in a stagnant game that relies on either expansion packs or a cash shop for additional income.

Subscription because I desire this to be a quality game with class.

I think it's probably their best option, not that I agree with it, I would prefer a Pay once and, or f2p, but neither option will be able to support the game in the long run.

Pay-to-Play, so no cheat-fest is allowed and no Pay-to-Win is needed.}

While I understand your view of Pay-to-Play, you must be mathematically oblivious to think that buying the game once is gonna keep it running for years. Look at all the buy to play games and what happened to their companies. Spoiler alert, not really a good sight to behold. No Pay-to-Play equals no standard revenue. And if you are good at trading, chances are you'll never have to pay subscription, since you'll buy PLEX in game (or steal it, I don't know, you do you Antioch). I plan on subscribing, because I just have the economic leeway to do so, ( let's face it, a15$ subscription is not the same as it used to be, inflation is real and server costs have gone down ever since the days of WoW ) , possibly keeping PLEX as a plan B for money, because, as you may not know, PLEX's worth increases with its rarity. If people want to buy them and there's nothing around for light years, they gonna pay a hefty amount more.