Nukes

TANK102703

Or just be an ULTIMATE SPACE TROLL!!! :D

This is exactly what this thread seems to be.

In all seriousness Nyz has stated a few times that weapons will be "sane", i.e. you will not be able to one-pop someone's livelyhood without giving them time to even react.

Well only way to prevent it happening from me is don't get on my darks side but yes I want to be a space troll. I will say that I will spare you if you give me what I want then when I get it I will take off then the trader thinks he earned a lot of money until he sees a light in the sky then all of a sudden....... BOOM NUKES FLYING EVERYWHERE.

You cannot expect to deploy these weapons like candy just for "trolling"; as loner anyway. Or it would be rare.

So you require a group. But then it would mean war or other nasty retaliation. I like to think that deploying these weapons against others shouldn't be taken lightly.

It wouldn't be nice if there ware weapons of mass destruction, but we've got 'em in RL so I guess it should be in game as well. Nukes, death beams, any weapon of total destruction have to be super extreemly expensive, have to require ultra rare resources, build time have to be long. Whenever someone start to build goddess tool of destruction Ark ship should detect it and inform everyone that someone want to play God. Along with warning Ark should track place where 'Manhattan Project' is located so the good guys could kill mad creator and destroy started project before completion. Also anyone who use such weapon against property or human beings should forever be branded with shame mark plus there should be constant bounty on that person or group of persons. If not we will see how fast our world would vanish if childish, small people would have access to that kind of weapon.

It wouldn't be nice if there ware weapons of mass destruction, but we've got 'em in RL so I guess it should be in game as well. Nukes, death beams, any weapon of total destruction have to be super extreemly expensive, have to require ultra rare resources, build time have to be long. Whenever someone start to build goddess tool of destruction Ark ship should detect it and inform everyone that someone want to play God. Along with warning Ark should track place where 'Manhattan Project' is located so the good guys could kill mad creator and destroy started project before completion. Also anyone who use such weapon against property or human beings should forever be branded with shame mark plus there should be constant bounty on that person or group of persons. If not we will see how fast our world would vanish if childish, small people would have access to that kind of weapon.

Now thats an interesting way of handling things

Though, if it were up to me, I'd just travel so far away nobody bothers coming after me :P

You confuse trolling with being a sociopath. Trolling is about doing something hilarious that annoys peoples. Being a "troll" that uses nukes to "troll omg, l0lz" is called being a sociopath. Plus, chances are, Ballistic Missiles will be interceptable in mid-flight.

At first sight, such powerful weapon is bad for balance in game. But I think, that nuclear weapon should take place in DUAL. It can be realy powerfur weapon but with some limits to use it.

1. It should be realy hard to create big warheads to destroy cities, but small ones can be using on ships or space stations.

2. Warheads should be easy to detect and destroy. So for successful nuclear attack, you should destroy enemy missile defense firs, or distract the enemy, or launch a lot of missiles at same time, so you launch 10 nuclear missiles, and 1-2 reaches its target. There also can be some technologies to improve nuclear weapons and technologies that can help you to protect yourself.

3. Using of nukes leads to some consequences. Such as radioactive pollution. So if you destroy enemy base, you cant build your base there, you have to clean territory firs.

It also will be good to have some EMP weapons to destroy enemy electronics.

At first sight, such powerful weapon is bad for balance in game. But I think, that nuclear weapon should take place in DUAL. It can be realy powerfur weapon but with some limits to use it.

1. It should be realy hard to create big warheads to destroy cities, but small ones can be using on ships or space stations.

2. Warheads should be easy to detect and destroy. So for successful nuclear attack, you should destroy enemy missile defense firs, or distract the enemy, or launch a lot of missiles at same time, so you launch 10 nuclear missiles, and 1-2 reaches its target. There also can be some technologies to improve nuclear weapons and technologies that can help you to protect yourself.

3. Using of nukes leads to some consequences. Such as radioactive pollution. So if you destroy enemy base, you cant build your base there, you have to clean territory firs.

It also will be good to have some EMP weapons to destroy enemy electronics.

Well, a ballistic missile is a rocket and rockets will have to be made by players, perhaps using a killswitch script for when the rocket detects collision and a guidance system to navigate it to the target. The missile thus, will act as an "autonomous" construct and can be targeted and destroed, which would require defenses, either it be maneuvereablity or something, so its cost will increase, making them a select weapon of choice. It balances itself out imo. 

Wether or not there are nukes or WMDs, players will still find ways to destroy their enemies in one shot.

Well you could still make cluster bombs, meteors and giant spears. Might as well throw in some acid or antimatter. Uranium nukes should not be a thing...

at least not on the starter planet or near the surface or easy to refine and requiring a radiation suit and specialized machines to process and.......