Dual Universe (DU): Computer Exclusive

Char_Aznable

I see no reason to hide your console bias good sir. Those peasants should stay on CoD:BlOps and their 720p farms. Let the PC Master Race have the real games. 

And... Mac? Do 5000$ Facebook machines can handle anything other than Farmville? O_o

Most people who play console play it because they can't afford a decent working PC others like myself, play it because they are more comfortable with a controller so if it is PC exclusive they should add controller support.. And the Xbox Scorpio should fix those limitations.(hopefully)

Also CaptainTwerkmotor stop calling them peasants you snob.

Thanks Char_Aznable for at least apologizing.

Most people who play console play it because they can't afford a decent working PC others like myself, play it because they are more comfortable with a controller so if it is PC exclusive they should add controller support.. And the Xbox Scorpio should fix those limitations.(hopefully)

Actually, you could build a decent gaming PC for just as much as a console would cost. but that is not the scope of this forum. I may be wrong in this assumption but from the scope of the game, it would seem to be very difficult to give it controller support as a controller most likely will not have enough buttons. Not to mention the player base for console would most likely so minuscule that it just would not be worth the effort. I am sorry to say but most games that are PC exclusive are that way for a reason. I would suggest next time you have the money look into getting or building a gaming rig. you can probably get a decent one for around $500 USD which is cheaper then the xbox one s and can far out perform it. The graphics card may be ok but most games use much more then just GPU's. As with most voxel games this one will most likely need good ram and a decent cpu as well as gpu.

You must be joking. My previous rig from 2008 is billed at 450$ and it outperforms XBONE and PS4. And a console costs even more, cause as you noticed with Skorpio, you will be buying them every two years, while I, will sink less money into my PC to possibly upgrade my RAM with a fifth of the cost of a new console that would STILL underperform. What will the Skorpio fix on being four years behind? You are customer to "exclusives" and it's okay to be a casual, there's no same in that.

Your arguement is that of a person that can't figure out how WASD movement and mouse targeting works as well. Also, I don't think you could press more than 10 hotkeys at the same time with a controller and last I've checked, the game is not filled with Quick Time Events, or a Pause option. And how would you even expect to type in code for LUA ? With your triggers?

Good day sir I say to thee. 

I have just liked how you can hold a controller but not going to work with a keyboard. And I have pretty small hands and its sad watching my fingers reach for keys.

Uhm, you do know keyboards come in sizes right? :P I have paddles for hands and I had to find a specific curved mechanical keyboard for my situation. It's not THAT impossible you know. 

Oh and the ten hotkeys thing is easy with console. Guys I've seen plenty of PC console conversions they aren't that hard. I know this game may be a different story but you know its possible to leave out features and have a separate server for consoles and they have features not accessible like scripts but things like building and hotkeys are pretty simple. And another thing I was saying was that your being a total jerk against poorer people I know you can build a PC or get a cheap one but but wear are poorer people going to learn hpw to build a PC all this arguing is stupid all I wanted to know if it was possible if the great devs who made this game to find a way to make console versions if they can't OK . but your being a stupid jerk and making everything so rude all you could say is. "It could be a good idea, but how are you going to do this , or that. Sounds cool for console players but its probably not going to work. Sorry" that's all you could of done instead of being a total jerk.

Oh and the ten hotkeys thing is easy with console. Guys I've seen plenty of PC console conversions they aren't that hard. I know this game may be a different story but you know its possible to leave out features and have a separate server for consoles and they have features not accessible like scripts but things like building and hotkeys are pretty simple. And another thing I was saying was that your being a total jerk against poorer people I know you can build a PC or get a cheap one but but wear are poorer people going to learn hpw to build a PC all this arguing is stupid all I wanted to know if it was possible if the great devs who made this game to find a way to make console versions if they can't OK . but your being a stupid jerk and making everything so rude all you could say is. "It could be a good idea, but how are you going to do this , or that. Sounds cool for console players but its probably not going to work. Sorry" that's all you could of done instead of being a total jerk.

THere's the internet. It even offers guides on building PCs. I was 14 when I built my first rig and back on 2004, it wasn't that much of a thing going to sites to look up PC rigs. And you are still argueing that a console is cheaper than a PC, which is false as people get consoles because they are trust the XBox or PS4 brand. You make a weak arguement, that doesn't make me jerk. 

And the game is already gimped to accomodate large amounts of players. If the devs were to import it in a console the graphics would have to be gimped even more, snce the Scorpio is having 8 GB of DDR4 and the PS4 is not much ahead. The game would suffer due to most console users not knowing how resolutions can hinder performance. There's a reason companies like EA are capping fps in games like Batman : Arkham Knight at 30 fps, so that customers do not feel how underperforming a console is to a PC. 

The point is a console is not for MMOs like Dual. It's for first person shooters, fighting games, RPGs, hack n' slash, sports games, but MMOs are a PC thing. 

Before you saisd that I was looking online and found really cheap ones that I can recommend to my friends. Only thing is I still like controller set up better. But thanks forbeing such a hater it pointed out things I didn't realize.

Thank you HATER and Good day PC peasant. XD

Too bad about the MMOs because there my favorite and so is console and Shooters I don't really like and PC I don't really like. This is nothing compared to how I live my life. Nothing goes my way. Just like how my PC broke randomly yesterday and its a pretty good one too. Just like when I get a brand new one it will probably somehowbreak in the box. That's my Luck

Because it wasn't in 18 point font i actually read Captain's entire post.  And i hate to say it but i agree.  

Some games work great on a console.  But this definitely isn't one of those games.  Games that are designed to play on a console are a lot of fun to play and i prefer a controller for some games.  But a game like Dual is going to require more then just a controller.

And also like mr twerkmotor said, finding a setup that works for you makes a huge difference.

I highly recommend a fancy mouse like a Razor Naga with the 12 button thumb pad.

When you have a mouse and keyboard that you are used to, there is really no better interface.  At least until we can control the games with our mind...  :ph34r:

Before you saisd that I was looking online and found really cheap ones that I can recommend to my friends. Only thing is I still like controller set up better. But thanks forbeing such a hater it pointed out things I didn't realize.

Thank you HATER and Good day PC peasant. XD

Well, like your controller then. And a lion does not care if the housecat calls it a feline like it good sir. The lion is still the king.

And if you think its so hard making a complex PC game into a console game try ark. But the lag is real. Mostly because its early access.

This is very true many games have been ported to console (and ark isn't just laggy on console lol). Ark is one there is also 7 days to die, Minecraft and many many more. Even though i am strongly bias against console (really don't like them no idea why just don't) i agree these games do ok on it but I'm not sure if this will be one of them as for controller support for pc i know many people that prefer controller over keyboard and mouse so as long as there are enough people that want it and it is possible I'm sure it will happen. As for the "haters" just ignore them and they will get bored and leave.

Actually keep it a secret but my dad is a engineer and is working on one......jk....I wish. If so I would probably keep them to my self for awhile until someone realizes that I'm doing things you can't do with a keyboard and mouse.