Dev Diary Building Tools

ChobitsCrazy

In case you missed it the Dev team posted new info yesterday and this was included:

We will introduce a set of advanced voxel tools to help building more complex shapes: copy/paste tool, undo, smoother, voxel elements (blueprints for small parts of the voxel structure, that can be used to copy/paste it later), visual aids like lines, frames, and possibly mesh ghost “holographic” import to give you a reference. We will try to add as many tools as possible at release, but some of them may have to wait until a later expansion.

So I wanted to break it down a bit:

1. Copy/Paste Tool - This would be interesting in a live environment but there would need to be some sort of limitation if you want to incorporate it without a build mode.

2. Undo - Yes please, if not undo then a way to easily remove recently placed blocks without a resource deficit

3. Smoother - With Voxels this will be a must otherwise there will be some janky ships out there as well as frustration.

4. Voxel Elements - This would be the limitation of the copy paste, would need to see it in action depending on the types of things you can make.

5. Visual Aids - As I stated in another post it would be great to have an overlay of information that you can access as a "New View" type of thing. With Voxels not sure how a grid will look, but with frames and even holograms this would be cool. Also I really want a block count for your structures, both for the overall and as you place rows of blocks would be awesome!

For the 5th point though, it's great new, as lot of buddies wanna have their meshed imported, this solution of holograms is the perfect one: it's not cheated, but of course I expect of the machinery to project this kind of holograms to have a cost (I always talk about costs, but I believe it's obvious they are needed always, maybe you don't).

In my defence I am on my phone and that stuff is hard to read.

But I was mostly joking...as you know. ^^

I know. No colors is a good thing though. I didn't have the will to change the text color and twerk's posts were just standing out much. I have to change my font though...

"I wonder whether it will be possible to smooth edges on a large scale. It could work as an alternative for curves. "

what has been annouced is a great step, getting close enough to Landmarks build tools.

So if you hang on youtube Landmarks building tutorials, you might find a very accurate answer