NQ-Nyzaltar

Forum modifications

I have a suggestion for the forums, but don't really feel that it belongs anywhere, plus I know there's a risk that it'll never really be noticed here and I don't care about that risk, so I'll put it here. I think showing our reputation underneath our avatar somewhere  on the forums on our posts would be a neat addition. It would:

- Benefit those who take the time to try and make good, productive posts

- Encourage more liking of deserving posts to occur. 

People who make posts that are short or lacking in meaning/helpful discussion tend to not get recognized. On the other hand, people who try and put the effort into meaningful posts usually have their messages liked more often. This is to be expected, and with the feature publicly displayed everywhere it might encourage people to generate more meaningful conversation. Also, I'll often really like what I read in someones post, and reply and tell them that, but then a minute later I realize I didn't actually "like" the post, even though they deserved it. It's just hard to remember sometimes. Having it underneath your avatar would make everyone more conscious of the feature.

EDIT: Please click this or continue reading below for an opposing view that I think is fair.

Edited by ATMLVE

@ATMLVE thats a great idea dude i was thinking the same thing plus outstanding (good or bad) reputation with organizations

I have a suggestion for the forums, but don't really feel that it belongs anywhere, plus I know there's a risk that it'll never really be noticed here and I don't care about that risk, so I'll put it here. I think showing our reputation underneath our avatar somewhere  on the forums on our posts would be a neat addition. It would:

People who make posts that are short or lacking in meaning/helpful discussion tend to not get recognized. On the other hand, people who try and put the effort into meaningful posts usually have their messages liked more often. This is to be expected, and with the feature publicly displayed everywhere it might encourage people to generate more meaningful conversation. Also, I'll often really like what I read in someones post, and reply and tell them that, but then a minute later I realize I didn't actually "like" the post, even though they deserved it. It's just hard to remember sometimes. Having it underneath your avatar would make everyone more conscious of the feature.

I support it

@ATMLVE thats a great idea dude i was thinking the same thing plus outstanding (good or bad) reputation with organizations

I don't really understand how that would be possible right now as that isn't quantified. What I'm talking about is the green reputation that appears on your profile. Its how many likes a person has received on their posts.

Hello,

I would like to make the suggestion that just as the like system is public, the voting (Star) system also shows who voted and what they voted.

While that may limit abuse, I think that since it isn't public now, it wouldn't be right to reverse it and make it public.

Good intentions sure, but I already see bad results, even with our currently implemented reputation system. If anybody here has come from the MMO World of Tanks then you'd already know, but for those who don't, such a system can lead to rep farming, neg bombing, trolling, and general abuse. Of course we don't have a dislike button here and the negitive rep button was removed in the World of Tanks forums, but I can still see the trend for abuse, especally if we're going to use that as a social indicator of some kind.

Sure it would help point out those who are actually good contributors and help them stand out from the crowd but in my experience the negatives just far outweigh the positives. It is of my strictest opinion that such a reputation system shouldn't be required for good contrubuters to be known on the forums. All they need to do is post eneough content and people will notice, then after a while folks will associate that person with good content. We should rely upon this as opposed to the pat on the back or the, god forbid, participation trophy.

There is an artillery version of this out there somewhere, but for now this will have to do...

sUaBLFa.gif

Good intentions sure, but I already see bad results, even with our currently implemented reputation system. If anybody here has come from the MMO World of Tanks then you'd already know, but for those who don't, such a system can lead to rep farming, neg bombing, trolling, and general abuse. Of course we don't have a dislike button here and the negitive rep button was removed in the World of Tanks forums, but I can still see the trend for abuse, especally if we're going to use that as a social indicator of some kind.

Sure it would help point out those who are actually good contributors and help them stand out from the crowd but in my experience the negatives just far outweigh the positives. It is of my strictest opinion that such a reputation system shouldn't be required for good contrubuters to be known on the forums. All they need to do is post eneough content and people will notice, then after a while folks will associate that person with good content. We should rely upon this as opposed to the pat on the back or the, god forbid, participation trophy.

There is an artillery version of this out there somewhere, but for now this will have to do...

sUaBLFa.gif

i can agree with this honestly.

sUaBLFa.gif

Fair enough! I feel that it wouldn't be difficult to regulate abuse in the currently small forum we have, but it may backfire into ways you described, and at that point, the risk of negatives outweighs the positive. Thanks!

• The signature can now only contain 1 image, with a maximum size of 800 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height.
  • Coloring a text in a post is now a feature only available for accounts of the Novaquark team, or helping the Novaquark team in a specific activity (such as Moderators).

The 800 pixels wide is great but i think 200 pixels height are a bit small  :unsure:

And also, RIP beloved colors :(  

Hopefully next week.

- Possibly language-specific sections for at least German/French/Polish/Russian sections, but this is still in discussion

Would be great if we can have Indonesian sections in forums  :D

Okay, so with double topics being so prevalent (and I think I know why) how about a timer that lets users only create a topic every five minutes? That should never be a problem for anyone, only in a rare situation where someone is actually trying to make legitimate topics in rapid succession.

When making a new topic, and you hit post, it usually takes a bit of loading and it seems like nothing is happening. I could be totally wrong but I feel that that's why there are lots of double posts of new topics.