NQ-Nyzaltar

Forum modifications

-Organizationon specific-sections are not going to happen: this would mean making hundreds of sections just for organizations.

I wasn't expecting every organization to be able to get one, maybe if you have more than 10/20 members then you can apply for one.

It would also be possible to hide the private forums so no one see reels of sections that they can't post in, only people added to that section can view.

But if no is still no, then we will just have to set up external services. Thank you :)

Hopefully next week.

- Fan Art & Fan Fictions, Off Topic are 100% sure

- Possibly language-specific sections for at least German/French/Polish/Russian sections, but this is still in discussion

- Organization specific-sections are not going to happen: this would mean making hundreds of sections just for organizations.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Awesome! I don't think any org requested their own section, but it may not hurt to separate the Arkship Pub and Org threads in to their own section. Just to help keep the two categories from drowning each other out in the same area.

It would be nice to have a new section in the forum for new players (introductions). In turn the Arkship Pub becomes organization only (and / or gets a slight name tweak to be more apparent).

This would cover the certain demand for a split between introductions and orgs. Of course you could also make a new section just for orgs BUT this would be more work as you'd have to move (by yourself or through a mod) all org threads to the new section.

Instead, make a new introduction section and leave old introductions in the arkship pub.

Simple-ish. You could also leave it as it is, but long-term it will just convolute things in my opinion. A split is more helpful for a wider audience I like to believe. And the least amount of work and largest success can be achieved by adding a new section for player introductions in which future introductions can go.

But that's just me.

E: I saw that you mentioned new forum sections coming up soon, perhaps this will be covered already. I still suggest to use the current Arkship Pub for orgs and a new section for player introductions due to the reasons stated above. Less work for most, I guess.

Perhaps concider a place where orgs can...engage in "diplomatic" talks.

I'm not very fond of Outlandishrep's his threads. I feel stuff like that needs its own section.

In my opinion.

It would be nice to have a new section in the forum for new players (introductions). In turn the Arkship Pub becomes organization only (and / or gets a slight name tweak to be more apparent).

This would cover the certain demand for a split between introductions and orgs. Of course you could also make a new section just for orgs BUT this would be more work as you'd have to move (by yourself or through a mod) all org threads to the new section.

Instead, make a new introduction section and leave old introductions in the arkship pub.

Simple-ish. You could also leave it as it is, but long-term it will just convolute things in my opinion. A split is more helpful for a wider audience I like to believe. And the least amount of work and largest success can be achieved by adding a new section for player introductions in which future introductions can go.

But that's just me.

E: I saw that you mentioned new forum sections coming up soon, perhaps this will be covered already. I still suggest to use the current Arkship Pub for orgs and a new section for player introductions due to the reasons stated above. Less work for most, I guess.

I can get behind this idea.

I second Warden's suggestion. Also, will the "Library History of Mankind" become the new Fan Fic section, or will there be both? If both, what kind of content will go in the current Library? I'm asking since it seems that it's mostly fanfic right now.

Mayhaps move the Organization Topics to a new section, and make the Arkship Pub a sort of RP section? That's how it was done in another game I played; The Space Tavern was a forum section for posts "In Character" and there was a separate Alliance section. People could still introduce themselves in the Arkship Pub and it'd give our resident Role-Players somewhere to put all of their stuff.

Mayhaps move the Organization Topics to a new section, and make the Arkship Pub a sort of RP section? That's how it was done in another game I played; The Space Tavern was a forum section for posts "In Character" and there was a separate Alliance section. People could still introduce themselves in the Arkship Pub and it'd give our resident Role-Players somewhere to put all of their stuff.

Keep in mind someone would have to move all the organization threads over to the new one, which would either require more mod work or the ability for each thread creator to be able to move their own threads.

If that won't be an option and mods want to save work, I suggest the stuff mentioned a bit earlier in this thread. But at this point only a mod could answer what is intended or how it will be.

Hi @NQ-Nyzaltar

Any chance the mobile version can get the dark theme as an option?

(Also: please do let me know if you'd like me to change my name if you need to repurpose it for community mods etc. I'm not that attached to it - it's just a name)

I hope that the Fan Fiction forum gets opened up before November, as I'd like to organize a community NanoWrimo event that would fit well into that forum.

For those that don't know, NanoWrimo is a "contest" (no prizes except bragging rights) wherein the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel (or short story rather) within 1 month. It takes place every November. 

It would be fun to organize a community writing event around NanoWrimo to see what kind of cool fan fiction people come up with around Dual Universe. 

I hope that the Fan Fiction forum gets opened up before November, as I'd like to organize a community NanoWrimo event that would fit well into that forum.

For those that don't know, NanoWrimo is a "contest" (no prizes except bragging rights) wherein the goal is to write a 50,000 word novel (or short story rather) within 1 month. It takes place every November.

It would be fun to organize a community writing event around NanoWrimo to see what kind of cool fan fiction people come up with around Dual Universe.

I was planning on making my DU fiction my nanowrimo project! (Great!)

Hi everyone, 

To make the forum easier to read and prepare some changes coming in the near future, some features have been modified.

• The signature can now only contain 1 image, with a maximum size of 800 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height.
  • Coloring a text in a post is now a feature only available for accounts of the Novaquark team, or helping the Novaquark team in a specific activity (such as Moderators).
  • Other changes are coming soon (such as new forum sections)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar

still works as intended ;)

- Possibly language-specific sections for at least German/French/Polish/Russian sections, but this is still in discussion

This is a good thing.
This would allow players who understand some English but who have more dificulties to write (like me) more attended the forum.

(I am French)

Hi everyone !

New forum sections have opened today:

• Off Topic Discussions
  • Novark Archives (for Fan Fictions)
  • Novark Art Gallery (for Fan Art)

A forum section has been moved in the Category "Fan Art, Fan Fictions and Roleplay":

• "The Library of Mankind History" section has become "Novark Agora".

A few other notable things:

• A first draft of the Fan Fiction Guidelines is already available in the section dedicated to Fan Fictions (Novark Archives).
  • The final version of the Fan Fiction Guidelines will be published on Tuesday 15th of November, with the release of the official lore update.
  • Language dedicated sections are still in the work.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Hi everyone !

• Off Topic Discussions

A forum section has been moved in the Category "Fan Art, Fan Fictions and Roleplay":

• A first draft of the Fan Fiction Guidelines is already available in the section dedicated to Fan Fictions (Novark Archives).
  • The final version of the Fan Fiction Guidelines will be published on Tuesday 15th of November, with the release of the official lore update.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thanks! Looking better now. :)

Hi everyone !

• Off Topic Discussions

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Its probably already on your to do list but a Dev tracker would be nice, once the Devs start posting more often of course.