NQ-Nyzaltar

Forum modifications

Hi everyone, 

To make the forum easier to read and prepare some changes coming in the near future, some features have been modified.

• The signature can now only contain 1 image, with a maximum size of 800 pixels in width and 200 pixels in height.
  • Coloring a text in a post is now a feature only available for accounts of the Novaquark team, or helping the Novaquark team in a specific activity (such as Moderators).
  • Other changes are coming soon (such as new forum sections)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar

Would be nice if you keep colour option for start message (topic creator).

As example, there are Organisations topics with lots of information. So colouring helping to mark most important.

It also actual for "Suggestions/Ideas forum". Community running these two forums, so it would be nice save colour there (at least for OP). I don't think it is very hard to impliment.

Thanks,

Archonious

This'll get me off my butt about re-formating my signature!

It looks better than before. Good outcome.

In general good decision with the sig limits. It wasn't the end of the world but some really had large signatures.

As example, there are Organisations topics with lots of information. So colouring helping to mark most important.

It also actual for "Suggestions/Ideas forum". Community running these two forums, so it would be nice save colour there (at least for OP). I don't think it is very hard to impliment.

Thanks,

Archonious

I think that's a really good idea.  idk much about the way this forum software works or if doing that is possible, but another alternative to achieve similar goal could be re-enabling it in the arkship pub section only 

Thanks,

Archonious

It's not possible.

Whether a user can write in color, or he/she can't.

So unfortunately, it will stay as it is now.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Sounds good. Bye bye the big fat image of some org's signature. Is it TU I don't member? And I know someone who will miss his pinky posts.

It's not possible.

Whether a user can write in color, or he/she can't.

So unfortunately, it will stay as it is now.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Doh =(

Then I have a question. Old messages contain colour. Will it be saved until edit or stay permanently?

Thanks,

Archonious

Doh =(

Then I have a question. Old messages contain colour. Will it be saved until edit or stay permemantly?

Thanks,

Archonious

I think everything turns white. My signature got automatically edited in all-white. I know posts are different but still I believe it's for all the members have posted.

Doh =(

Then I have a question. Old messages contain colour. Will it be saved until edit or stay permemantly?

Thanks,

Archonious

This change doesn't affect messages previously posted before today.

(but it certainly does affect signatures)

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Wow, what a coincidence. My sig's image is exactly 800x200.

Is that so? I saw a sig's image on a thread just about now with a bigger image. Weird.

• Coloring a text in a post is now a feature only available for accounts of the Novaquark team, or helping the Novaquark in a specific activity (such as Moderators).

Ooo, does this mean that we may be getting community moderators in the future? 

Is that so? I saw a sig's image on a thread just about now with a bigger image. Weird.

As long as a signature is not edited, images previously posted in it remains, even if they aren't at the requested size.

That's why messages are being sent to members having images too big in their signature.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

In regards to the new forum sections, does this mean we might be getting Organisation specific private forums?

This would help a lot of people out with distribution of info among their respective Organisations.

Any rough ETA on the new forum sections?

Hopefully next week.

- Fan Art & Fan Fictions, Off Topic are 100% sure

- Possibly language-specific sections for at least German/French/Polish/Russian sections, but this is still in discussion

- Organization specific-sections are not going to happen: this would mean making hundreds of sections just for organizations.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

For an answer to some previous point about 'community moderators'. Who would they be in the future?

Absolutely anonymous, for many reasons.

On their side, moderators will have to

- remain neutral and not favorizing anyone.

- avoid revealing who they are.

More info will be revealed soon.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Absolutely anonymous, for many reasons.

On their side, moderators will have to

- remain neutral and not favorizing anyone.

- avoid revealing who they are.

More info will be revealed soon.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

Thank you. Yes, it makes sense. And what about alpha members? Will there be a future selection for extra ones?