"Universal" Government?

dudesteve

I may be late to this, but I was wondering whether there would be an overarching governing body that lays basic rules down. Specific rules I would imagine would be made by planet's leaders and whatnot, but if there was one, would it be player-run or dev-run? 

I may be late to this, but I was wondering whether there would be an overarching governing body that lays basic rules down. Specific rules I would imagine would be made by planet's leaders and whatnot, but if there was one, would it be player-run or dev-run? 

There's a universal governing force indeed. It binds us together, it runs through and surround us. It's called SALT, and it will bring so much destruction on the in-game universe that none shalt ever again trust anybody and the cycle of death and destruction shalt be eternal. Amen.

So far, there are no plans for any sort of "goverment" made by devs - probably limitations to PvP will be executed by game mechanic itself. On community portal, however, you can see hundreds of player-driven organizations which now try to secure its member-base... and some of them will certainly try to establish global domination in "universal government" style. Maybe even few of them actually succeed in dictating laws to other players ;)

So. Basic rules by mechanic and rest of politic in player hands.

just no :)

If you get a group of players together who have the means to obliterate everyone else even if they band together, then you might be able to create something like a universal goverment, but aside from that. No.

The lore or setting itself already hints at relative freedom. Earth with existing structures is no more or generally out of touch.

You have various ark ships that start anew with various (player) factions and they all more or less start again at the same time.

This means they all have to develop on their own. The rest is natural selection and luck.

So unless the devs make one, it's all player dictated more or less.

Just to say, for the first few months. Well have to be thinking on just a planetary and possibly inner solar system scale.

Things might get interesting in the alioth and lunar base wars then springboarding to the next planet eventually fighting all over the system before someone is able to build a engine capable of traveling to another system at a reasonable speed. or a stargate.

Chances are we will need to rely on the community to moderate it self as a whole. This should be a dynamic world, not one that be run in a predefined structure. One day we may be able to create a government ourselves, entire nations even, all emergent game play. For now you are given a planet to roam, people to meet and all to guide you is your wits.

Chances are we will need to rely on the community to moderate it self as a whole. This should be a dynamic world, not one that be run in a predefined structure. One day we may be able to create a government ourselves, entire nations even, all emergent game play. For now you are given a planet to roam, people to meet and all to guide you is your wits.

Which means nuclear armageddon, which I'm tots fine with.

I personally cant wait for the Wild West choas that will be the first month of the game's release. just imagine.....

Only when someone makes an engine capable of space flight. Order will take place. Or not who knows.

For the record, If I make a small frontier town, I name it Aqua Fria and name my character Texas Red.

If such a town does happen to be a thing i would like to open a saloon named "neque bibit"

you could be the town's one and only police officer.

In case we were on the wrong page good sir :P