Removal of monthly fee with a solution.

Cirtex

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. I don't know how old kid means (I'm going to guess around 14) but this is not a game for kids. I started playing EVE (whose community is very similar to DU) at 18 and people made fun of me for being a kid, and with good reason. Kids are immature. Games like this are not for kids. Period. I wish parents would realize that and not just expect the gaming community to be a bunch of babysitters. Had a 14 year old in an EVE corp once. He broke the rules and was a dick normal 14 year old, so we kicked him. The kid gets his Mom on mumble .... she starts lecturing about how she paid for the game so we had to be nice or she'd call our moms or whatever. Who cares. Long story short, our CEO ripped her a new poop shoot and we all died laughing and did age checks from then on.

Sorry, back to the topic.

Like people have said, f2p makes for terrible games. The problem is that 99% of the people who say "Let's make it free but have micro transactions to pay for it" don't actually want to pay the micro transactions themselves, just like the OP here. So either the developers get no money and the game crashes and burns or they make the micro transaction relevant to gameplay and the game becomes horrible. Like Twerk said, games are a privilege not a right, and if you can't afford them you can't play them.  The monthly sub is the best/only way this game is going to work.

EDIT 1: The DAC system does allow for people to play free, so if you are willing to put in the work, there is that for you.

EDIT 2: I know the topic has been beaten to death ... I just wanted to share my kid story ><

That was goddamn legendary!

But we are getting off track.

Long story short: Subscription based payment is a win-win for everyone. They get a constant flow of money, they make a better game, we play that game.

That was goddamn legendary!

But we are getting off track.

Long story short: Subscription based payment is a win-win for everyone. They get a constant flow of money, they make a better game, we play that game.

Yeah I believe hardcore gamers will put money on to it when the game will really release and returns with that.