Hey guys, new video!

Hotwingz

Hmmmm. Not much information there... pretty much the same 3 second scene over and over.

But it does answer a question I had, which is "does ship need a wings element to operate in a planetary environment?" And the asnwer is "no."

That's cool, cause I should be able to build a cargo carrier optimized for space which can still land on a planet.

HEY WAIT

Why aren't they exploding? why aren't the characters falling through the platform? Why are the ships moving continuously and not jittering forwards and backwards? WHERE IS THE DESYNCH

This is actually a great sign!!! I'm thrilled! :)

Hmmmm. Not much information there... pretty much the same 3 second scene over and over.

But it does answer a question I had, which is "does ship need a wings element to operate in a planetary environment?" And the asnwer is "no."

That's cool, cause I should be able to build a cargo carrier optimized for space which can still land on a planet.

Yes but you can see several people on several platforms move on their own plane.

Its an effective demonstration of the multi crew tech. Not very flashy though. :)

Yes but you can see several people on several platforms move on their own plane.

Its an effective demonstration of the multi crew tech. Not very flashy though. :)

I agree i think an effective demonstration of multi crew is a big step to have working in pre-alpha. Also lag free with several ships flying around and the platforms are rather large. This video is a little short and light on explanation but very awesome(not super flashy). Dual universe has so much doubt around things like stability and multicrew, getting some proof out there is nice.

Also note that this proves that constructs landed on other constructs move with each other well. You can see a landed ship on one of the platforms.

I agree i think an effective demonstration of multi crew is a big step to have working in pre-alpha. Also lag free with several ships flying around and the platforms are rather large. This video is a little short and light on explanation but very awesome(not super flashy). Dual universe has so much doubt around things like stability and multicrew, getting some proof out there is nice.

Also note that this proves that constructs landed on other constructs move with each other well. You can see a landed ship on one of the platforms.

That process would NOT work so well if there were collision-damage physics in the game lol

That process would NOT work so well if there were collision-damage physics in the game lol

Ha very true.

Although now with a second look at the video, it might just be oddly stacked boxes. Can't tell if its a ship. Hopefully it is a ship.

Ha very true.

Although now with a second look at the video, it might just be oddly stacked boxes. Can't tell if its a ship. Hopefully it is a ship.

Doesnt matter.

If I understand the tech explanation it means that a ship landing on a moving platform will move with the platform.

So that should put you at ease. :)

"The tech behind the scene is based on the fact that each moving construct represent a free reference frame, on which it is possible to attach players, or even other constructs."

Yesss! Finally the first evidence that multicrew is already working, two people walking on the same moving platform!

ouuuh! i could do that in garry's mod 12 years ago

now waiting see what happen if someone build an other voxel object on the same moving plateform

ouuuh! i could do that in garry's mod 12 years ago

now waiting see what happen if someone build an other voxel object on the same moving plateform

That wont be a problem.

Since each construct has its own free reference plane building on a moving construct should work.

As far as I understand.

That wont be a problem.

Since each construct has its own free reference plane building on a moving construct should work.

As far as I understand.

Seams right, so what ever you ll have time to build, will be left behind

And if you build in an enclosed moving plateform, then the whole plateform will get stuck to what you just built

Or, if you spawn an other cockpit on this plateform, will you take control aswell of the plateform?

mmm so... flying platforms, automated with ai, to store ships that will be sold in the trade bubble created by market units. I'll add it on my "to do list".

Depending on how sold-construct protection works, a player MIIIIGHT be able to exploit that a little bit.

I'll sell these thin walls that happen to be adjacent to my pvp bunker on all sides to.... a member of my org! They are now invulnerable until he picks them up, which is never.

Oh I know, I'll take this dome-shaped ship, and I'll land it so that it is engulfing another ship, then sell it. Now my big dome ship will trap the smaller ship (with a player still in there maybe) until the buyer picks it up which is never.

The'll probably have to set a timer on the "safety bubble" for sold constructs.

Depending on how sold-construct protection works, a player MIIIIGHT be able to exploit that a little bit.

I'll sell these thin walls that happen to be adjacent to my pvp bunker on all sides to.... a member of my org! They are now invulnerable until he picks them up, which is never.

Oh I know, I'll take this dome-shaped ship, and I'll land it so that it is engulfing another ship, then sell it. Now my big dome ship will trap the smaller ship (with a player still in there maybe) until the buyer picks it up which is never.

The'll probably have to set a timer on the "safety bubble" for sold constructs.

Pretty sure sold constucts will be destructible just like any other construct.