NQ-Nyzaltar

Kickstarter: What happens if it reaches the goal? if it doesn't?

Due to recent events, this question is understandably coming up more and more frequently, so we are going to be as transparent as possible and describe all the possible scenarios.

- If we hit the starting goal: 

Reaching €500k is proof that there is a demand for a game such as Dual Universe. This is not the total amount necessary to fund the game BUT reaching this milestone is still vital. If we gather €500k, our investors and partners will provide the remaining funds to complete the game. Reaching more than €500k will help us develop features included in the first stretch goals faster.

- If we don't hit the starting goal: 

1) On your side: you will not be charged as pledges will just be canceled. No one will pay anything. 

2) On our side: if we don't meet the starting goal, we can't promise anything. We might have to make compromises on our vision for the game with partners still willing to finance the project. Or, in the worst case scenario, the game might be canceled if our partners and investors are not convinced enough to raise the appropriate funds.

We are still solidly optimistic that we will reach the starting goal, as the rate of pledges usually accelerates a lot at the end of most Kickstarter campaigns, just as much as during the first days of the campaign. However, we wanted to be crystal clear on this question, just state the facts as we feel we owe that to all our backers.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

This is sort of off topic but mostly related.

if you don't reach the stretch goals, but do reach 500k are the stretch goal features that may be added in the future as the game generates revenue through subscriptions to fund those goals?

I personally pledged my money fully thinking that I would give it away to help you develop your game. I'm not sure what the mechanics are of Kickstarter, but I would be willing to give what I pledged anyway whether or not you reach the stated goal. Dual Universe is too great a concept and you've worked too hard so far to see it all go to waste.

Thank you for being clear on the issue.

I really hope we are going to reach the goal.

Truth is this is the first mmo in atleast 10 years where I am genuinly exited about the project.

If DU fails to become a reality I will be very sad.

This is sort of off topic but mostly related.

if you don't reach the stretch goals, but do reach 500k are the stretch goal features that may be added in the future as the game generates revenue through subscriptions to fund those goals?

Most likely, yes.

Unless we succeed in negotiating extra funding for these features with our investors and partners.

Best regards,

Nyzaltar.

I would be very surprised, if you won't get about 50'000+ in last few days... It will be average sum (I guess to the end (1-2 days) of program).

Anyway, fingers crossed! You NEED to get 500'000.

Constructor game community is not that big as many FPS games or MOBA style. This direction of game style is less popular, but even now, you are doing really huge progress. As example, Planets Nomads, another project of Voxel Constructor (sandbox) got bit more than 100,000$. I believe in you and your project, so spent to support you more than I ever spent on other games.

Good luck and stay positive and optimistic!

Thanks,

Archonious

I believe we'll reach the goal, but the stretch goals seem like a bit of a.... stretch. Would be nice though to have the goal/stretch goals met. 

Thanks however for being upfront with your options before it came down to it on the day of.

All I can say is lets try to remain positive - and hopeful, that we reach at least the 500,000 Euro mark. I want to make this project a reality.

Due to recent events, this question is understandably coming up more and more frequently, so we are going to be as transparent as possible and describe all the possible scenarios.

- If we hit the starting goal: 
Reaching €500k is proof that there is a demand for a game such as Dual Universe. This is not the total amount necessary to fund the game BUT reaching this milestone is still vital. If we gather €500k, our investors and partners will provide the remaining funds to complete the game. Reaching more than €500k will help us develop features included in the first stretch goals faster.

- If we don't hit the starting goal: 
1) On your side: you will not be charged as pledges will just be canceled. No one will pay anything. 
2) On our side: if we don't meet the starting goal, we can't promise anything. We might have to make compromises on our vision for the game with partners still willing to finance the project. Or, in the worst case scenario, the game might be canceled if our partners and investors are not convinced enough to raise the appropriate funds.

We are still solidly optimistic that we will reach the starting goal, as the rate of pledges usually accelerates a lot at the end of most Kickstarter campaigns, just as much as during the first days of the campaign. However, we wanted to be crystal clear on this question, just state the facts as we feel we owe that to all our backers.

Best regards,
Nyzaltar.

Don't worry, you guys can do this, we just have to keep spreading the word, you will do well and I hope you guys can reach your goal and even more beyond that.

Will there be a way to upgrade our pledge later on after the KS campaign is over?

I backed another game that offered that and thought it was a great way to let people back now with what they can afford then later spend to help back it even further.

Everyone touch wood, not the ikea furniture one, preferably teak or an other precious exotic one

Maybe its not to late to reach the Steam community for the last 12 days? 

As others said, if Kickstarter wasn't here, I would still want to help funding the game on your website. Ruby backer here.

As others said, if Kickstarter wasn't here, I would still want to help funding the game on your website. Ruby backer here.

Can only do gold atm.

But if the option exists to continue donating after KS, I would with pleasure.

I've started to have some serious doubts about DU (I've withdrawn my money for the moment and I will monitor how KS campaign behaves untill backing up again). After so many days of KS campaign (which in my oppinion lacks in constantly updated content), we shouldn't be worrying about if KS hits the goal. Instead we should be thinking what the next target would be. Considering the fact that it's like 70% of money needed to finish campaign of the first goal, it might be the proof that there is some serious hesitatation of people to back it. I don't blame them - most people whom I've talked to, as much as being excited about the idea as the whole, express their doubts comparing DU to Everquest Next/Landmark and we all know how those games ended.

Anyway, fingers crossed for DU Kickstarter campaign to succeed.

Kind regards,

Hampius

PS.BTW, delivery date of Dec 2018 as much as being honest, doesn't really help :) It's realistic, but doesn't look good on KS page from marketing point of view...

Everyone touch wood, not the ikea furniture one, preferably teak or an other precious exotic one

Maybe its not to late to reach the Steam community for the last 12 days? 

Not the steam community necessarily, let's keep DU away from the Early Access kids who want a full game in Alpha phase. 

But I guess, they could open a store in their homepage and sell the pledges that way. It would be better, as paypall and / or paysafe users can buy in that way.

Ruby here, we've still got time and I'm pretty confident that the kickstarter will get there. This is a rough market thanks to NMS.

The trickiest part about this whole thing so far, is that NQ has been transparent, realistic, honest, and on-message throughout this whole campaign. That is exactly what we need right now and probably the only angle that can survive in a post-NMS market. Unfortunately it doesn't sell extremely well.

I think a game like this will need a successful kickstarter campaign, a paypal funding option, and some youtuber help. If we get some youtubers in on the Alpha working on some sweet builds, that could help get some hype and some funds coming in to help swell their coffers.

I've started to have some serious doubts about DU (I've withdrawn my money for the moment and I will monitor how KS campaign behaves untill backing up again).

PS.BTW, delivery date of Dec 2018 as much as being honest, doesn't really help :) It's realistic, but doesn't look good on KS page from marketing point of view...

Hey man, you are free to do as you wish.

But I'm a bit confused why you would withdraw your pledge. You seem to be concerned about the stretch goals?

And later if we are close to funding you will re pledge? You dont need to defend yourself or anything, I'm just trying to understand your decision.

And I'm not sure if NQ is doing wrong by being honest about the estimated release date. I understand your marketing comment though.

I'm not sure if NQ can be more transparent.

However I will say I feel NQ needs to be more in the spotlight. When crowfall did their kickstarter they had a presence on the major mmo sites each day.

Somehow NQ needs to convince more people.

I think that possibly they are not being supported (enough) by webs & media related with big corporations, because of Novaquark tries to remain independent from them.

Anyway it seems to me that they'll reach the goal on time.

I see them quite brave and honest doing this the way they're doing.

I think we make 500 k, at last moment.

But nothing suprising about it. Hard situation.

1) Horrible timing. SC, and to some extent Elite taken most "сream" and NMS fraud destroyed good desposition of public for new brave things.

2) New stuidio (no "big names" use nostalgiia effect).

3) I must say initial presentation of game... worked much better if PvP was shown in some basic way.  This is very important.

But I hope for better. Good luck DU.

Ruby here as well (if it matters) I believe that we'll hit the mark, my belief is that the game will become the game we want after alpha/beta. Patience is the key here and I want to help develop the game as we beak new ground on this game.