Saul Retav

Limiting Script Automation will Hinder Economic Growth

I really don't care much about automated mining, I'm fine without automation. However I will be absolutely distraught if i can't make a mining drill! I want to use vehicles to mine and dig. I want to tether my ship to and asteroid to mine it for resources, I want , to bore large tunnels through mountains with a tunnel boarding machine. I do not want to be limited to the equivalent of a bloody pick axe. I'm sure there would be plenty of social interaction required for a large, safe, and efficient mining operations.

Pickaxe is life, dude.

All discussions about mining are probably going to change once we know how much ore is actually going to be present in DU per planet/moon/ territory tile. Making mining to much a grind will halter the game and i do not mean normal effort but extensive "korean mmo style" grinding. Balancing ores will be the making or breaking of the game. If it takes me a day to get ores to lets say craft a door, the building will be without doors, same for every other element. If building a simple engine takes a week in ore grinding players will leave sooner then Windows 8. I assume NQ knows this.