Another SWG/sandbox lost soul checking in

Pang_Dread

Greetings all. Just discovered this project when someone posted the link to the KS page on another KS project I've backed and been following called Crowfall. Really looking forward to that game BUT my roots are in sci-fi based games and sandbox MMOs and been looking for a new place to call home so to speak since SWG went belly up. Kind of a big sci-fi nerd in general whether its video games, movies or TV shows.

Haven't pulled the trigger on backing yet, still getting info and getting a feel for the Dev but so far I like what I'm seeing and hearing. I'm really liking the old school sandbox vibe with the Devs own personal touches to it. Adding their own flavor to stuff and not just rehashing cliché ideas and tropes. To me its the little details and things that makes a game really stand out above others.

So yeah looking forward to learning more about this project and maybe even becoming a backer.

Ahh, a fellow SWG vet. What are your thoughts on SWGemu? Or, should I say, what are your thoughts on the SWGemu community. 

By the look of it, this game definitely has some SWG aspects to it. Quite alot, actually. The one thing I think will be sorely missed is the 'entertainer' profession. I haven't seen any reference to this in DU.  And I will miss the Star Wars lore, of course. But hell--player crafting/manufacturing, player cities/organizations, player driven economy. Tab targeting  :(  (understandable from a tech perspective). A lot of what made SWG a great game will be features in DU as well.

I hope you decide to back! 

You know when Smedley said:' You can come home now.' He was actually talking about DU. :P

I know this statement was made before DayBreak, but what game were they referring to? I really hope it wasn't H1Z1....

Thanks for the welcome all. yeah can't believe its been so long since SWG and even sadder no game has really filled the void since then.

So far really liking the community that's starting here, good mix of gamers and personalities, should make for really good discussions and feedback once we get to testing the game.

Welcome to the Arkship Resort, Mr. Pang_Dread.

Thank you for checking in. Your reservation appears to be in order. You will be on the 74th level of the Arkship. The pool and workout room are located 55.7 lightyears away on planet Alioth, and complimentary freeze-dried breakfast will be served in approximately 10,000 years. Here is your room key and personal Nanoformer.

Would you like a porter to take your luggage to your room?

Thank you for checking in. Your reservation appears to be in order. You will be on the 74th level of the Arkship. The pool and workout room are located 55.7 lightyears away on planet Alioth, and complimentary freeze-dried breakfast will be served in approximately 10,000 years. Here is your room key and personal Nanoformer.

Don't use the mini-bar.

It's a rip off.

(And welcome from a fellow old SWG'er.  TRANDOSHAN INDEPENDENCE NOW! Sorry. Old habits.)

eek 10,000 years? Better be one hell of a breakfast.

Its been too long without SWG... I remember watching all the trailers for the expansions and getting lost on Tatooine because the shitty green-lined map made no sense to me.

I recommend avoiding the "freshly squeezed" orange juice altogether, no amount of smuggled alcohol will help it go down.