Like legos

atriumgp

Hello all,

I have read on a post writed by an admin that deconstrunct will not be possible, like legos, so we can not take some elements finded on an item. This is an important thing. It is really good to construct but like legos it could be also really good to deconstruct an item to takes some elements.

For exemple, when i play legos and i need some blocks finded only on a construction. I can easilly, if i want deconstruct my big block to take elements, a piece of this block. In DU univers it would be cool if we can deconstruct. Construct is as important as deconstruct. Maybe for a question of gameplay deconstruct it is not possible.

Thank you. :)

Edit : or even if i want to upgrade an element of an item, if i can't deconstruct it means i can't edit an item. 

If I'm not wrong, you can not deconstruct, if you don't have permission. If you working with your construction, then it is not a problem.

I can't say for sure, is it good or bad, to make destruction only. Alpha/Beta will explain more. There are PROs and CONs in both systems of deconstruction

Thanks,

Archonious.

Must confim please. That is not what i have read.

edit: I found this on q & a to the devs.

" Only authorized people will be able to edit your constructs"

So cool it will we possible to edit a construct (personnal and friends).

But not sure we can get back elements when you destroy an item (of what i red).

I agree with everyone that you will need rights to edit the construct.

You most likely WON'T be able to "deconstruct" a construct that you purchase (depending upon the rights assigned by the builder)

This protects the builder so that someone can't reverse engineer the builders creation.

It keeps them from making unauthorized copies.

But

You WILL be able to deconstruct your own creation.

There has been speculation on theft of constructs, but there hasn't been an official response on how to do so.

If it were as simple as destroying and replacing the core unit, then anyone who wanted to reverse engineer a construct could buy one, replace the core unit, and reverse engineer it.

So any response you receive, unless it came directly from NovaQuark is currently speculation.

Thanks. But if i find a construction (on a deserted campement for ex) or i steal one and make it mine (so i don't care for the rights even if i become a pirate). Could i deconstruct it ?

We don't have enough info to make an assumption on this, but I think I can toss around a few ways this might play out.

TLDR: it depends on how much a core matters, and whether or not you can destroy a core but leave the construct mostly intact. If its all about whether or not there is a core, or if you can place your own, there might be a process for salvaging constructs.

Destroying a construct will probably "drop" some portion of the resources used to build it, but I'm willing to bet much or most of the original resources will be lost in the destruction process. Unlike Space Engineers where things can be taken apart 1 for 1, salvaging constructs will probably not be a terribly profitable play style in DU.

If a construct with a core is abandoned in an area where there is no TU, and consequently no regional rules or laws, probably no player will have the ability to edit the construct (as the builder will have exclusive edit privilege), but anyone will be able to destroy it. Destroyed constructs may drop some of the resources used to build them (not confirmed).

If a construct without a core is abandoned (or not), and is in an area where there is no TU, probably any player can edit it and consequently harvest it. The Core is what makes something a construct with editing restrictions (Though a TU might prevent unauthorized players from editing terrain). It MIGHT be possible to destroy a construct's core, and either edit/savlage the core-less construct, or place your own core, which may give you editing privileges.You may even be able to HACK a core, in the same way you may be able to HACK a storage box or door. This is a big giant maybe.

If a construct of any kind is within a TU, any editing is restricted to authorized players and orgs, including editing core-less constructs and terrain. Players may still be able to destroy constructs, and destroyed consructs might drop some of the resources used to build the construct.

Ok so we can edit our constructs and other constructs (with an accord).

We can recycle partially a construct (only ressources). At least, only recources, for the moment.

We don't know for the moment if abandonned items can be taken, destroyed or even stealed without any accord and outside safe zones.

Ok so we can edit our constructs and other constructs (with an accord).

We can recycle partially a construct (only ressources). At least, only recources, for the moment.

We don't know for the moment if abandonned items can be taken, destroyed or even stealed without any accord and outside safe zones.

Sorta, there just isn't much detailed info on this topic yet, but it is very interesting.

I also would like more Info regarding theft and scavenging, we should ask it on the AMA!

Yes some info on the subject couldnt hurt.

But it would make sense to at least being able to recycle stolen constructs.

The pirates wont like it if they cant even recycle stolen ships for resources.

Hi everyone,

It won't be possible to deconstruct or remove parts from a finished construct. Primarily because we don't want people to tear stuff into pieces for retro-engineering purposes. This way we can protect smart players ideas and protect their Blueprint's value. 

What might be possible after the game's release though is possibly adding new parts on to a finished contruct to improve it. We're considering that, and what impact it might have both positive and negative, so it's not something that's set in stone.

Best regards,

The Novaquark Team.

Ha!

We asked for some info and we got it.

How cool is that.

I have no problem with the answer it makes sense to me with regards to reverse engineering.

So pirates will have to board and take over ownership. Then sell it on the market.

Hi everyone,

It won't be possible to deconstruct or remove parts from a finished construct. Primarily because we don't want people to tear stuff into pieces for retro-engineering purposes. This way we can protect smart players ideas and protect their Blueprint's value. 

What might be possible after the game's release though is possibly adding new parts on to a finished contruct to improve it. We're considering that, and what impact it might have both positive and negative, so it's not something that's set in stone.

Best regards,
The Novaquark Team.

Any idea of if a destroyed construct drops some of its parts? or if raw materials can be refined from scrap from a destroyed construct?

Hi everyone,

Best regards,
The Novaquark Team.

Pros:

-Intellectual property (reverse engineering is slowed, not completely absent)

-More mining activity, since you can't salvage sold ships (I guess you can still salvage a ship you made by your own)

Cons:

-No salvaging (are you serious?)

-People will not be able to modify bought ships

-That means that most people will not buy ships just for that, but craft their own. 

-If you want to change ship, you either need to sell it (maybe is an old/bad ship noone wants), destroy it (why? you just waste energy) or abandon it. An abandoned ship doesn't provide any exploration value (you can't salvage so you can't get materials out from it), and we'll likely have trash ships all over the planets (not cool to see). 

Personally having to choose between having or not having intellectual property in this form, I'd prefer to not have it (and I think most people want it that way). So at least would be cool to give the option to the blueprint creator to decide either or not let people deconstruct it or not. Then, salvaging is a priority over this for sure, so it has to be in the game someway.

How does one "take over ownership"?

They mentioned hacking a few times.

So I imagine you'd hack.

Edit: by they I mean JC. He frequently mentioned hacking as a way to steal things, in the youtube interviews.

Of course its pre alpha.

They mentioned hacking a few times.

So I imagine you'd hack.

Edit: by they I mean JC. He frequently mentioned hacking as a way to steal things, in the youtube interviews.

Of course its pre alpha.

I'm guessing you will have to hack a construct's core unit to "steal" it. This will probably involve a skill, and might require a high skill level to do reliably.

Perhaps we should ask for an element that would enable us to recycle constructs?

Not deconstruct but just a process that turns the construct into basic materials?

Because not being able to recycle is something that will disappoint some people.

I'm guessing you will have to hack a construct's core unit to "steal" it. This will probably involve a skill, and might require a high skill level to do reliably.

Perhaps, though I would prefer it to be a mini game. If its a skill only a certain amount of players could steal things.

Perhaps, though I would prefer it to be a mini game. If its a skill only a certain amount of players could steal things.

Stealing something seems like a very impactful mechanic. Virtually all of the game's other mechanics will rely in part on the character's skills, it would seem very unusual for Hacking not to be a skill. Consider this, a player would need a wide variety of skills to construct an advanced ship, it should take AT LEAST ONE skill to take that ship away from them.

It could be a skill that ALSO puts you into a mingame however, not unlike Fallout 4's system. I wouldn't particularly care for this however, since that would be yet another thing that the devs would have to do.