First in game credits/money

Deacon

I can see the 2 sides of the debate having valid points.

On 1 hand if cash keeps entering the system we might end up with a bread costing millions of credits. Ala Mobutu's Zaire back in the day.

On the other hand if the amount of currency is fixed you might end up with a situation where you cant buy a bread for 1 credit. I mean the 1 credit being undividable to reduce into the price of a bread. Leading to a situation where you have to fall back on barter trade. Wich sounds good at first glance but it is an unwieldly system.

Personally I dont know what the best solution is.

Perhaps some form of hybrid system.

A fixed circulation with periodical injections of credits in proportion to the active amount of credits in circulation. Hoarding and inactive accounts are factors to take into account as far as I understand the situation.

I can see the 2 sides of the debate having valid points.

On 1 hand if cash keeps entering the system we might end up with a bread costing millions of credits. Ala Mobutu's Zaire back in the day.

On the other hand if the amount of currency is fixed you might end up with a situation where you cant buy a bread for 1 credit. Leading to a situation where you have to fall back on barter trade. Wich sounds good at first glance but it is an unwieldly system.

Personally I dont know what the best solution is.

Perhaps some form of hybrid system.

A fixed circulation with periodical injections of credits in proportion to the active amount of credits in circulation. Hoarding and inactive accounts are factors to take into account as far as I understand the situation.

That is proper understanding of situation. There must be regulator (on NQ side), which make emissions if it necessary.

Thanks,

Archonious

I made a post about the possibility of players being able to Mint in-game currency from a rare in-game ore as a solution to insufficient currency in circulation. It is located in the idea box, but here is a quick summary.

Since the devs can control the algorithms for world gen, they can decide how much of any given ore spawns on new planets. If there is not enough in-game currency inc circulation, new planets get a chance to spawn veins of MONEYTONIUM that is processed into in-game currency. As soon as there is enough currency in circulation, new planets no longer spawn MONEYTONIUM veins, they spawn iron instead (possibly even make undiscovered MONEYTONIUM veins into iron veins).

Decent S

Everything will be okay, not so drammatic : )

Devs can regulate cash flow by monitoring of statistics and editing bot-vendor buying prices. When its too much money - they lower prices (and by so - emission) and players will be more motivated to trade with other players. If money supply is low - they just up the vendor prices and by that pump up some cash in hands and balance situtation.

I doubt there will be some kind of full stop of money-generation, its will rise problems with new players. Just some sort of regulation and balancing. Money will leave system with players who quit. If contolled territory will be taxed (and its very viable solution) - money be leaving economy like river. And, after all, its nothing too bad with little inflation over time. It is realistic.

About hoarding organizations - some infuence is possible (this is by the way is idea of game), but is not likely they will be so powerful as in their todays dreams and adverts. "Corporate conspiracies" will take time and devs always can react with some soft countermeasures.

So many of this twerk guy in every thread. I think its called narcissistic personality disorder.

I made a post about the possibility of players being able to Mint in-game currency from a rare in-game ore as a solution to insufficient currency in circulation. It is located in the idea box, but here is a quick summary.

Since the devs can control the algorithms for world gen, they can decide how much of any given ore spawns on new planets. If there is not enough in-game currency inc circulation, new planets get a chance to spawn veins of MONEYTONIUM that is processed into in-game currency. As soon as there is enough currency in circulation, new planets no longer spawn MONEYTONIUM veins, they spawn iron instead (possibly even make undiscovered MONEYTONIUM veins into iron veins).

Decent S

The problem with that is that treats a rare ore as valuable per se.

That's not what money has been for about a century now and, unless civilization collapses, it never will be again. Modern money is a share of the culture's gross product. This is why the money supply has to increase with increasing productivity.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/21-devblog-from-barter-to-market-economy/

(NB: we will discuss the question of faucets and sinks in balancing the amount of available in-game money in another post

I'm glad JC Bailie knows how game economies work. I'm glad he knows the value of a DAC isn't about the game money but about the value people attach to it in the game be that resources or the game currency.

I'm glad JC or the team knows whats real and that they're going to monitor and have tight control over the game currency. That they're going to control the game currency and they're going to allow a player driven economy.

Some people cant understand how it works, not in game nor in real life, some people are just trolls from hell I guess.

https://board.dualthegame.com/index.php?/topic/21-devblog-from-barter-to-market-economy/(NB: we will discuss the question of faucets and sinks in balancing the amount of available in-game money in another post

I'm glad JC Bailie knows how game economies work. I'm glad he knows the value of a DAC isn't about the game money but about the value people attach to it in the game be that resources or the game currency.

I'm glad JC or the team knows whats real and that they're going to monitor and have tight control over the game currency. That they're going to control the game currency and they're going to allow a player driven economy.

Some people cant understand how it works, not in game nor in real life, some people are just trolls from hell I guess.

Thank God JC is an EVE player and not a second life player. He'll make DACs lootable, so heists can be increntivised for the game to have rebel factions against the fascists from Baconstone.

Thanks people for the informative posts. I feel I've been to an economics class. And thanks for link to economics thread. I can see the possibility of barter being used as well. DAC being one item bartered possibly, but also and probably more likely, rare resources.

@Twerker ... as far as making DAC bootable increasing their value, l think it's the opposite. I am going to start calling it "fools gold" , as only a fool will trade them out of the safety of the Arkship. Everyone will buy them at the Ark , and keep on their banker, also at the Ark. But it is what it is.