Number and size

Ariel1999

Hi everyone,

I have an important question : do you know the number of planets in this game ? Do you know the size of the universe we will all live in ? 

Even if we are all only few light-years from the main system, it would be very cool if Dual Universe had the same amount of planets as No Man's Sky. It would leave us a lot of place, and for the explorers it would be nice. Imagine : you just colonized a system, but now you want to go further. You could go thousand of light-years from your colony without, and perhaps you could meet other players, so far from the civilization.

Thx for your responses :)

The number of planets is unlimited. As I understand it, a planet will be procedurally generated as the first player approaches it. It will be procedurally reproduced whenever needed. Any changes made by players will be stored and applied each time the planet is generated.

But, unlike NMS, expanding to a new system is very expensive, so systems will get pretty well developed before the next one gets started.

The number of planets is unlimited. As I understand it, a planet will be procedurally generated as the first player approaches it. It will be procedurally reproduced whenever needed. Any changes made by players will be stored and applied each time the planet is generated.

But, unlike NMS, expanding to a new system is very expensive, so systems will get pretty well developed before the next one gets started.

Wrongo Bongo Banana Nose (btw that terms is reserved ONLY for you Daph)!!! In the recent dev diary NQ stated that the planetary system was proportionally the size of our own and stated that the size of the galaxy would not be expansive in quantity but rather in size which I took to mean that, like our own current planet Orgs may own state or nation sized swathes of land but each org having its own planet not realistic.

It's likely going to be a little limited to begin with.

Technology will have to be researched, developed, and applied by players.

It may take a few days, weeks, or even months to escape the starter planet Alioth. Planets will be fairly big though, I wouldnt worry to much about it.

The first solar system will have a number of planets, if I remember JC said possibly between 10-20 in that solar system.

Then will come a technology that lets us send a probe through hyperspace to go looking for a nearby solar system. When it finds it, it will send a signal back to players allowing a limited number of ships / players or some undetermined variable, to warp to its destination.

Players will have to construct a stargate in the Alioth system, and a stargate in the new solar system. Itll all be quite risky, time consuming, and require team work and coordination with other players to pull off. It'll be quite thrilling! :)

Wrongo Bongo Banana Nose (btw that terms is reserved ONLY for you Daph)!!! In the recent dev diary NQ stated that the planetary system was proportionally the size of our own and stated that the size of the galaxy would not be expansive in quantity but rather in size which I took to mean that, like our own current planet Orgs may own state or nation sized swathes of land but each org having its own planet not realistic.

I don't see anything in what you said that contradicted what I said.