E-Book based in the Dual Universe setting.

Genre  

13 members have voted

1. 1. What Genre should it be? There's Multi choice so you can choose ones you think would work good together. If there are genres not on here that you think would be good just mention them.

• Military (Should our Main character be part of a Military? Should he be a freedom fighter?)
    • Romance (This ones obvious but we could probably use some suggestions on Who our main character falls in love with.)
    • War (Should it be based in a war?)
    • Aliens (Should there be aliens? Not the ones who impregnate your face.)
    • Comedy (Should we forget all the serious stuff and have a Cynical main character whose always criticizing stuff?)
    • Technical (Should the various technologies in the book be explained at some point?)
    • Adventure (Should our main character be an Explorer or Trader?
  2. 2. What time period will it be based?

• Just as the Ark Ship lands.
    • A long time after when there are hundreds of settled worlds.
    • Before the Ark Ships were launched.
    • Just before the Ark Ships are launched with the Main character going into Cryo sleep and then waking up as the Ark ship lands?

Hello every one, I plan on publishing an E-book on Amazon

But i need your help guys to decide what genre it will be and when it will be based, As the Ark ship lands and after it? a Thousand years after it when billions of humans populate the stars with different governments with a saucy galactic war between different governments?

Also if any of you would like to suggest what the Book could be about then just simply reply below.

Oh by the way if any one is good with digital work if some one could make me a cover once the Genre and all that is decided then that would be nice.         :) 

Am i a very lazy author for asking all you guys this instead of thinking it up my self? Yes and no.

It takes a long time for a book to go from planning to being published due to the Authors taking a lot of time to brain storm every thing that goes on it the book, By asking you guys all this i could potentially get it published much faster, not only this but Dual Universe is a Sci-Fi game with a lot of Sci-Fi fans playing this and since my book is going to be a Sci-Fi one why not get the opinions of potential readers? Because what i think makes a good book might not actually make a good book because every one has opinions right?

Hmm...

Noble idea, but as (poor) writer myself, I suggest another approach: write what do you "feel" the best. Writing to someone else ideas can be very, very frustrating and somehow "false" - every writer have his/her own scope and knowledge about specific set of topics, and writing something outside this can lead to poor results.

In short words: go with your heart, rather than poll ;)

And of course publish it here! Any path you choose, I wish you godpseed and a lot of inspirations! 

Hmm...

Noble idea, but as (poor) writer myself, I suggest another approach: write what do you "feel" the best. Writing to someone else ideas can be very, very frustrating and somehow "false" - every writer have his/her own scope and knowledge about specific set of topics, and writing something outside this can lead to poor results.

In short words: go with your heart, rather than poll ;)

And of course publish it here! Any path you choose, I wish you godpseed and a lot of inspirations! 

Oh i am going to write what i feel best but this book will be for entertainment and passing time as most Sci-fi books are for, So i'm getting the opinion of potential readers to lay the foundations if you will, Then with my own ideas (Hopefully try not to murder the book.) build up the story and thus make a hopefully decent read.

PS: And check with Novaquark if publishing such story is ok with EULA and intellectual property rights ;) I do not see any troubles here, but I will do it just to be sure. 

Who and how would i contact them? Would i contact them on this website then if so how?

As DU will develop their own lore its useless to write anything thats even close to the time-line of DU, so all your choices for the time in which the story takes place except for the second one make no sense.

I've wanted to do some DU short stories, but I simply do not enough about the setting just yet really. 

That said, I can see some short stories combined in to a novel depicting different peoples perspectives before the Ark ships were launched from Earth. The rich, the poor, the smart, and dumb all clamoring to give their family some hope for the future (Or something like that.)

Anyways, good luck buddy! 

That said, I can see some short stories combined in to a novel depicting different peoples perspectives before the Ark ships were launched from Earth. The rich, the poor, the smart, and dumb all clamoring to give their family some hope for the future (Or something like that.)

This is wonderful idea! Maybe @CharlesAugustus will rather compile such storybook from other players novels, and with player-made illustrations rather than write whole book by himself? We can do it as mini-comptetion, maybe with help of @NQ-Nyzaltar.

Eve Community did something similiar, with good result.

This is wonderful idea! Maybe @CharlesAugustus will rather compile such storybook from other players novels, and with player-made illustrations rather than write whole book by himself? We can do it as mini-comptetion, maybe with help of @NQ-Nyzaltar.

This would be a fun community project for those who like to write. I would be on board for sure!

I believe we may do this. :)

I've wanted to do some DU short stories, but I simply do not enough about the setting just yet really. 

Anyways, good luck buddy! 

"A splendid idea. I'm all in!

Pax Vobiscum

"