WE NEED TO SPREAD THE KICKSTARTER!

Tnecniw

I'm hopeful about this KS being funded.

Then again... this is the first thing I ever backed, so who knows?  :huh:

I went with the silver pack at ~$65 because I figured that's what a game like this is worth (the added DAC's helped).

It seems to me that with DU... they want to get something playable out ... even if it's just the skeleton... the framework... and people paying the subscription to fund the rest of development. Which is why the kickstarter is only enough to fund hiring a few more people for 1 year... they're counting on releasing and getting a revenue stream going to be able to keep going. But that's just my interpretation and might not be apparent to most people looking at the kickstarter.

NQ has explained that they have investors who will add the rest of the budget if the KS is succesful. NQ is not claiming that they only need 500 000 euro. If they get the 500k they will have the power to remain independant from a publisher.

NQ is also not in the business of content creation. The only things that needs to be modeled are the basic elements and the character creator (I think). No npc's, no quests, no hundreds of hours of dialogue. This reduces the cost significantly. Also by using procedural generation for planets the cost goes even more down.

Yes they want to release a Minimum Viable Product but that is going to take 2 years at least. But this being a sandbox it is totaly OK to release a MVP. Its not a themepark where dev created content is the only thing to do.

It's funded but the more money NQ gets on kickstarter, the closer we'll get to the stretch goals. Even if we don't reach the stretch goals, the extra money will still help developing the game!

It's funded but the more money NQ gets on kickstarter, the closer we'll get to the stretch goals. Even if we don't reach the stretch goals, the extra money will still help developing the game!

Indeed :D but atleast we are in the clear right now xD