WE NEED TO SPREAD THE KICKSTARTER!

Tnecniw

We NEED to make sure more people notice and see the kickstarter.

We need to share it, spread it and talk about it wherever possible. There is only 16-15 days left and we need 140k more. (This is when I last checked, so it might be less needed whenever you read this)

I don't mean we should neccecarily pledge more. (I myself pledged Silver, early bird). we just need to get it to more people so more people that CAN pledge and WOULD be interested in the community notices it.

Changed my cover pic on fb. :D

By the way, in the french google the KS in some website is shown as to had been talked about just some days ago for certain websites... So the word is spreading a little bit more at the time, I believe it's the work of the NQ team.

Pffff they moved the mmorpg.com thread from the general forum to its own seperate dual universe forum. This means that in a few threads people will have to look for the DU thread.

Grrrr d*ck move mmorpg.com

201th post champagne.

Damn. Well that's automatic.

No but thats not a big problem in itself.

The projection takes info from the previous day and then it projects a trend.

If tomorow is a better day the projection will be more positive again. People keep saying the big push will come in the last week.

The battle is far from being lost.

• 2 weeks later...

It's going to be close... 10k per day.

I'm curious what happens if the Kickstarter fails. NQ must have other sources of income because 500k isn't going to last long.

They explained that they have investors who will invest the rest of the budget.

The KS is to show them that DU is something the community wants.

They explained that they have investors who will invest the rest of the budget.

The KS is to show them that DU is something the community wants.

Well... that is the SMALL issue. Most people (That hasn't looked into Dual universe and the videos and devblogs) see the kickstarter and thinks "Pfft, it will just be another No man's sky" meaning that they won't give money to it.

The issue isn't that people don't want it (they do, they really want a game like this) but... that they kinda gets put off by the fact that the recent failure of NMS still hangs sour on their tounges.

BASICLY... Dual universe couldn't have come at a worse time regarding their kickstarter and timing.

I know, we have talked a lot about the problems with other games right now.

Its not only NMS that creates the distrust.

But Nyzaltar explained that they couldnt delay the KS.

And I think the investor issue has been brought up many times. On the forum and I think in one of the KS updates but I'm not sure.

We are all a bit nervous about the KS I think.

Well... that is the SMALL issue. Most people (That hasn't looked into Dual universe and the videos and devblogs) see the kickstarter and thinks "Pfft, it will just be another No man's sky" meaning that they won't give money to it.

The issue isn't that people don't want it (they do, they really want a game like this) but... that they kinda gets put off by the fact that the recent failure of NMS still hangs sour on their tounges.

BASICLY... Dual universe couldn't have come at a worse time regarding their kickstarter and timing.

Yeah, that's a very good point. Fascinating to see how the NMS debacle has affected gamer consumer confidence in general. What a legacy for Seam Murray.

I occasionally tune in to see the latest player stats for NMS for the hell of it. The current record low for players per hour is 507 people - http://steamcharts.com/app/275850. This are stats just for Steam mind you.

In a broader sense, I understand consumers reluctance to back a Kickstarter game, especially one that is P2P.

I know, we have talked a lot about the problems with other games right now.

Its not only NMS that creates the distrust.

But Nyzaltar explained that they couldnt delay the KS.

And I think the investor issue has been brought up many times. On the forum and I think in one of the KS updates but I'm not sure.

We are all a bit nervous about the KS I think.

indeed, NMS is simply the most... clear peg in the wheel for the KS. I have a feeling that if NMS hadn't been such a faliure, the KS would have been funded like 10 days ago.

indeed, NMS is simply the most... clear peg in the wheel for the KS. I have a feeling that if NMS hadn't been such a faliure, the KS would have been funded like 10 days ago.

Thats quite possible.

Its a little frustrating though because the mmo community has been screaming for innovation for years. And now someone is trying to do it they just dont care. :(

Thats quite possible.

Its a little frustrating though because the mmo community has been screaming for innovation for years. And now someone is trying to do it they just dont care. :(

more the case of people being kinda uncertain regarding a Kickstarter. The price is a bit to low for most people to seem logical (it is for another reason, but you know) and people doupting that  a small indie team can do this.

They need to do interviews with as many gaming media ... formal and informal as they can.

I have no followers to spread anything to... My attempts at spreading anything go no where... 

What they really need is to be featured on gaming news sites... and gaming personalities streams and youtube channels.  And I have no ability to get them that.  They have to be reaching out to these people themselves.

more the case of people being kinda uncertain regarding a Kickstarter. The price is a bit to low for most people to seem logical (it is for another reason, but you know) and people doupting that  a small indie team can do this.

indeed.  The goal amount seems way small for what's promised.  Kickstarter stories abound of kickstarting something for too little hoping to get more funding from traditional investors later... and not getting it and thus failing. 

People are hesitant to back something like that... as the kickstarter would fund and everyone would be out money but project fails and no one gets any money back.  I pretty much don't kick start anything because of it.

It seems to me that with DU... they want to get something playable out ... even if it's just the skeleton... the framework... and people paying the subscription to fund the rest of development.  Which is why the kickstarter is only enough to fund hiring a few more people for 1 year... they're counting on releasing and getting a revenue stream going to be able to keep going.   But that's just my interpretation and might not be apparent to most people looking at the kickstarter.