Announcing The Interstellar Hovercraft Races!

Xplosiv

**Update - - A organization has been created for the committee, tasked with the creation of rules for these races:  "Interstellar Hovercraft Racing Committee". Only Serious applicants will be accepted. ***

Introducing The Interstellar Hovercraft Races!! 

Hovercraft size to be limited

Only Hover technology will be allowed

No Weapons allowed

All craft will be inspected before races.

All Organizations can submit racers

Courses/Tracks to be similar to that of the pod races in star wars. 

If popular enough we wish different orgs to host the events!

The Solar Empire Wishes to provide some entertainment in the universe that doesn't involve violence. And of course Gambling is legal in The Solar Empire on these races!!

Join The Solar Empire Today, help build a safe, secure and fun society!

(this is a work in progress , and open to suggestions)

size restricted by physical size, like a box say, that it must be able to fix inside. not sure how you would count voxels.  secured by referees in ships flying above. anyone goes out of line or tries to cheat is immediately disqualified. 

i think length of the track is going to be determined by the physics of it. like how fast can these things even go? would like it to be pretty long and do laps, not just a one time go around. 

size restricted by physical size, like a box say, that it must be able to fix inside. not sure how you would count voxels. secured by referees in ships flying above. anyone goes out of line or tries to cheat is immediately disqualified.

Doesnt have to be difficult at all.

I'm willing to bet that constructs will have a total mass info.

Just decide on minimum and maximum mass and voila problem solved. ;)

Doesnt have to be difficult at all.

I'm willing to bet that constructs will have a total mass info.

Just decide on minimum and maximum mass and voila problem solved. ;)

I hear ya, but we shouldnt have some one making a super wide ship either

Remember i want it to be a Universal thing, not just the solar empire running it.

I actually think all races (ship, hovercraft etc.) should be "anything goes" races with maximum 3 rules:

1) Everyone starts together at the start line.

2) Pass though the all the checkpoints in order and be the first past the finish line.

3) (Optional - Depends on host) No outside help or interference.

Putting arbitrary limits on vehicles is pointless since if someone makes one too big, it wont fit around the track, and if its too small, it won't have the power required to get up to speed and accidental ramming does happen.  After a few races some will mimic the size and shape of the winning craft.. a survival of the fittest.

My 2c.

Ok then set 2 easy requirements.

Total mass limits and widt limits.

What else do you need to control?

I think the tricky part will be keeping track of who passes the checkpoints.

JC has spoken about transponder units maybe this unit can ping the checkpoint unit to log the vehicle passing through.

There are some details that need to be worked out but in essence I dont think there is much stopping us from having a grand prix.

Ok then set 2 easy requirements.

Total mass limits and widt limits.

What else do you need to control?

I think the tricky part will be keeping track of who passes the checkpoints.

JC has spoken about transponder units maybe this unit can ping the checkpoint unit to log the vehicle passing through.

There are some details that need to be worked out but in essence I dont think there is much stopping us from having a grand prix.

Agreed. Should we create a organization, for the people who want to contribute to the races regulations? anyone interested.?

This sounds fantastic! I'm hoping the contract system will be robust enough to allow a space race mechanism to work.

Plus this gives builders two big genres to explore: hover racers and race tracks. This is a HUGE conceptual contribution!

Depending on where the races take place, you might have a zone where the TU's permissions allow or are susceptible to outside tampering, so racers might have an incentive to add shields to their construct despite weapons not being allowed. Similarly, there could even be an underground circuit where weapons ARE permitted.

I would say it is a little too early to create an org specifically for racing.

We need a bit more solid info to see how valid the idea is.

But the concept is solid.

People will love participating on various levels. From designing racers to building the tracks to turning a profit from it all.

I can easily see this as a great way to promote yourself in any activity related to the grand prix. And the winning craft could easily be licensed to a factory for mass production.

I would say this org would only be for people contributing towards making the rules and regs, no racers. This org would also only keep people in it contributing, dont want any nefarious sleepers in this org. 

Introducing The Interstellar Hovercraft Races!!

Hovercraft size to be limited

Only Hover technology will be allowed

No Weapons allowed

All craft will be inspected before races.

All Organizations can submit racers

Courses/Tracks to be similar to that of the pod races in star wars.

If popular enough we wish different orgs to host the events!

The Solar Empire Wishes to provide some entertainment in the universe that doesn't involve violence. And of course Gambling is legal in The Solar Empire on these races!!

Join The Solar Empire Today, help build a safe, secure and fun society!

(this is a work in progress , and open to suggestions)

Please don't use this color font, on mobile it is nearly invisible.

It could use a organization for the participants to see how many there are. If it would be too much of them you could make some parts of the race

sorry about that, i honestly copy and pasted from my post on the community site.