Welcome to Dual Universe
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

New PLEX System in EVE, and What DACs can learn from it.

DACs PLEX Finance Trade Debate

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

Lethys

Lethys

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Ruby Founder
Thanks Nyzaltar for the clarification. I like your ideas and reasoning, especially the second point (vault, dropping to last location). All of you at nq truly have the best for every playstyle in mind.

Lynkx

Lynkx

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  • LocationSome where between worlds !
  • Silver Founder

Hi everyone! 
So we had an internal discussion on this topic in the team.

THX NQ-Nyzaltar, for your answer, its great to know the NQ team are around taking in consideration what the community thinks! 

We have in the team players who have played many MMORPGs: EVE Online, World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Neverwinter, Archeage, Elder Scrolls Online, Elite Dangerous, Wildstar, etc. So we aren't just looking to the EVE Online model while ignoring completely what has been done elsewhere.

Thats nice to know, is always a good thing have different opinions and experience.

A minimal alien fauna is planned for the official release (and will probably grow in diversity afterwards)

Nice news, it will make the immersion more interesting 

Having a few NPC helpers visible in-game for the tutorial is something considered, but we can't promise anything on that topic right now (we have also some ideas for tutorials without involving visible NPCs in the game world).

Maybe you could create a "simulator", like the interior of a ship,  A place where player can enter and a holographic character guide him trough the basics information. (Or maybe some sort of star trek holodeck

On a last note, please avoid to reply to other community members in an ironical/provocative way (this doesn't add anything to the discussion)

OK, sorry for that, i don't use to be impolite, but i use to deal with humans with the same level of respect they came to me.

Best Regards

- Lynkx
=^.^=

ixiNee5.jpg

Lord_Void

Lord_Void

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Sapphire Founder
Thanks for the reply Nyzaltar!

It sounds like you all have a good plan for how this will work, and I'm glad you are sticking to it. I hope that this thread provided some good feedback about player thoughts on DACs with regards to the EVE changes. It sounds like it has helped reinforce your position, which is good in my opinion.

Thank you for your time and keep up the good work

Evil Inc.  

Are we Evil?         quDX6TQb.jpg        Or are you?            

http://www.du-stats.com

Hades

Hades

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Ruby Founder

Love the informed/detailed response Nyzaltar!

However, I do have a question... could someone elaborate on the second point?  I don't play EVE, and when I did it wasn't very in depth.  

Cosmetics:
If you guys do go down the cosmetic route (it may end up being necessary if DACs don't cut it)... please... please don't ruin the immersion of the game.  So many games have killed their atmosphere by implementing cosmetics that just don't fit with the theme of the game.

Falstaf

Falstaf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Gold Founder
I'm not clairvoyant but somehow I think we won't see cat tails or angel wings. :P

Lethys

Lethys

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Ruby Founder

Love the informed/detailed response Nyzaltar!

However, I do have a question... could someone elaborate on the second point? I don't play EVE, and when I did it wasn't very in depth.

Cosmetics:
If you guys do go down the cosmetic route (it may end up being necessary if DACs don't cut it)... please... please don't ruin the immersion of the game. So many games have killed their atmosphere by implementing cosmetics that just don't fit with the theme of the game.

Can't multiquote on phone (yeah, too lazy too :D) but what it says is:

If they implement divisible DACs (weekly, daily tokens to trade for gametime) then you'd have to buy those with your rl-money. They are then sent to a vault, like an external inventory only you can access via your login, and stay there. You can redeem them everywhere you want and use them (in the safe zone for example, to be...Well...safe). But you can also transfer them back to that vault but then this specific DAC is marked with the location and once you want to redeem that dac, you can only do so at the same location you were, when you transformed it back. This prevents people from buying DACs from other players for in-game money, transferring them to the vault, getting to a new location and selling themof for in-game money again. Usually such items are VERY valuable and you can make a lot of money with it. So shipping them for nothing (and perfectly safe!) Is a bad idea. Plus it adds a little danger to the whole DAC thing because you have to know in advance if you want to use it or sell it. And where you want to do this
  • Hades likes this

bastanold

bastanold

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 57 posts
  • LocationSomewhere, out there
  • Gold Founder

I liked the old PLEX system in EVE. It allowed people with RL money to make up for the lose of game time due to working to make that money. Then, those with fewer funds but more time on their hands could purchase these PLEX with currency earned in-game. I bought PLEX from time to time in addition to paying a subscription for those times I really wanted a ship or other equipment but hadn't put in the time to accrue in-game currency. Knowing that doing so was insuring someone who played the game a lot was able to keep on playing was a nice incentive too. Very win-win.

Founder and Legate of Tuemen Foundation

Scout/Recon, Objective Driveyards

Member, Dual Universe Historical Society

Hades

Hades

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 109 posts
  • Ruby Founder

Can't multiquote on phone (yeah, too lazy too :D) but what it says is:

If they implement divisible DACs (weekly, daily tokens to trade for gametime) then you'd have to buy those with your rl-money. They are then sent to a vault, like an external inventory only you can access via your login, and stay there. You can redeem them everywhere you want and use them (in the safe zone for example, to be...Well...safe). But you can also transfer them back to that vault but then this specific DAC is marked with the location and once you want to redeem that dac, you can only do so at the same location you were, when you transformed it back. This prevents people from buying DACs from other players for in-game money, transferring them to the vault, getting to a new location and selling themof for in-game money again. Usually such items are VERY valuable and you can make a lot of money with it. So shipping them for nothing (and perfectly safe!) Is a bad idea. Plus it adds a little danger to the whole DAC thing because you have to know in advance if you want to use it or sell it. And where you want to do this

Ah, I see!  Definitely makes a lot of sense.  Thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DACs, PLEX, Finance, Trade, Debate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users