Welcome to Dual Universe
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

What Should DU Citizens Be Called

Citizen Name

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

Poll: What Should DU Citizens Be Called (46 member(s) have cast votes)

What do you think is a good name for DU Citizens as a collective group?

1. Just "Citizens" is fine. (4 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

2. Colonists (18 votes [32.73%])

Percentage of vote: 32.73%

3. Novarkians (based on the arkship's name, "Novark".) (4 votes [7.27%])

Percentage of vote: 7.27%

4. Novarkites (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

5. Novarkers (1 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

6. Something cool that isn't on the list. (Explain below.) (7 votes [12.73%])

Percentage of vote: 12.73%

7. Arkers (14 votes [25.45%])

Percentage of vote: 25.45%

8. Arkians (6 votes [10.91%])

Percentage of vote: 10.91%

9. Dualeers (1 votes [1.82%])

Percentage of vote: 1.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

AccuNut

AccuNut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Silver Founder
People in Russia are called Russians, those in France are French, and people from America are Americans; but what should people in Dual Universe be called?

"Dual Universians" is kind of immersion-breaking, since it is nothing other than the title of the game itself.

So, what do you think?

If you have any suggestions other than what is on the poll, please feel free to suggest them!
I will try to keep up with this and post any other REASONABLE options on the poll. I will not be putting up anything I think is offensive, or if it is just pointless. (like: "name-of-my-organization"-ites, or "I-like-space"-ers.)

Other than that, let's hear your thoughts!

(By the way, you can select more than one option in the poll. :) )
  • ParagonExplorer likes this

Future partner in A.S.T.R.O.; AccuNut-Starkontrast Transportation and Resale Operations.

Shynras

Shynras

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  • LocationItaly
  • Gold Founder

Why? There's no need for that, each community/organization will call themselves and others as they please.

twoshell

twoshell

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Gold Founder

I think "Citizens" should be fine since, I have a feeling lots of organizations will have that as there starting role.

AccuNut

AccuNut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Silver Founder
Of course people will call themselves and others what they wish, Shynras. This is meant as a "community brainstorm" for a generalized reference. Nothing is stopping you from referring to yourself as part of an organization or community, I am just trying to see what others think is a good name to refer to players as "in general".

If you feel that this is a pointless thread, feel free to ignore that it exists, I won't be offended. :)
  • Atmosph3rik and ATMLVE like this

Future partner in A.S.T.R.O.; AccuNut-Starkontrast Transportation and Resale Operations.

AccuNut

AccuNut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Silver Founder

I think "Citizens" should be fine since, I have a feeling lots of organizations will have that as there starting role.

Thanks for the input! If you like that option, just click on the box next to it at the top of the thread and hit "submit vote".

Zamarus

Zamarus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 142 posts
  • Gold Founder

I know people will call them selves Citizen of whatever org they are in but as a collective term i like Colonist or something like Arkian(s) because i believe coming from an Arkship comes before the Nov- in the name.

Who needs a signature anyways

Falstaf

Falstaf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Gold Founder
Twerk suggested Arkers in the other thread.

I like both colonists and arkers.

And you shouldnt look at this question as coming up with an in game term. Its more in the sense of how to call a DU player outside of the game. ;)
  • AccuNut likes this

AccuNut

AccuNut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Silver Founder
Updated poll with both "Arkers" and "Arkians". Good suggestions guys, keep 'em coming!

Lethys

Lethys

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Ruby Founder
Invaders. Deathbringer. And the most obvious one: Survivor

Cybrex

Cybrex

Alpha Team Member

• PipPipPip
  • 858 posts
  • LocationCosmos
  • Gold Founder

• Citizens

• Pioneers

Or, you know, just call everyone Boobians. It's the only name that has any worth in this community.  :D

• TheNudeNerd, Lethys and Lord_Void like this

Dual Universe FAQ/Sources | Band of Outlaws Recruitment

"It's not about the destination, but more the journey.

And somewhere along the way, drinking a fine brew and doin' what you want."

FXmPT4D.png

Code24

Code24

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 233 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco, California

Been watching the Expanse lately. I like "Earthers"  :)

Kurock

Kurock

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 354 posts
  • LocationEmberstone
  • Sapphire Founder
First Wave
Aliothians
VGrt75k.png
What is the Cinderfall Syndicate? We are a group of organizations and individuals, combined in the common interest of freedom, security, and making DU a fun place for all. Member organizations are self governing with the only requirement being a non-aggression pact (NAP) between all members. Individuals can join as direct citizens and be free to do as they please under the NAP. Come visit us here to learn more.

Velenka

Velenka

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • LocationUtah, USA
  • Ruby Founder

Surprised that "Passengers" hasn't shown up yet.

Lord_Void

Lord_Void

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Sapphire Founder

Personally, I like either Arkers or just Players

Evil Inc.  

Are we Evil?         quDX6TQb.jpg        Or are you?            

http://www.du-stats.com

Kuritho

Kuritho

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 345 posts
  • LocationI'm Cybrex's Alt

Canadians.

Sorry for the sorryiness.

Sorry!

Leader of PRESERVE.

Cybrex's Alt

Aesras

Aesras

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Silver Founder

My vote is for Arkers or Arkians. :D

AccuNut

AccuNut

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Silver Founder
Great comments fellas!

I like Pioneer too, Cybrex, but I'm not sure it is a term that would apply to everyone for long. After all, once Alioth is settled, the true pioneers will be those going out to explore the galaxy, while others will live comfortably behind the front lines.

Kurock, Aliothians is what those who live on Alioth will be called for sure! It doesn't really apply to everyone though. Same thing with "Earthers", it is a good name, just not quite as universal (pardon the pun) as what I am referring to. :)

Surprised that "Passengers" hasn't shown up yet.

Probably because we are only passengers until we get off the Arkship, after that....
It does have a nice ring to it though!

Falstaf

Falstaf

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 822 posts
  • Gold Founder

Personally, I like either Arkers or just Players

Ha, players is also good.

ParagonExplorer

ParagonExplorer

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationAethe Mining Territories

Why? There's no need for that, each community/organization will call themselves and others as they please.

As falstaf said we might need an outside name or a general name instead of simply 'players'

Caesares

Caesares

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Sapphire Founder

People in Russia are called Russians, those in France are French, and people from America are Americans; but what should people in Dual Universe be called?

"Dual Universians" is kind of immersion-breaking, since it is nothing other than the title of the game itself.

So, what do you think?

If you have any suggestions other than what is on the poll, please feel free to suggest them!
I will try to keep up with this and post any other REASONABLE options on the poll. I will not be putting up anything I think is offensive, or if it is just pointless. (like: "name-of-my-organization"-ites, or "I-like-space"-ers.)

Other than that, let's hear your thoughts!

(By the way, you can select more than one option in the poll. :) )

Citizens, players, noobs. 

It is possible that players could mostly get their names from the organizations they join, with maybe 'Neutral' Players, Cinderfallians, Imperials, Unionists, etc.

May the wing under your wings bear you up where the sun sails and the moon walks.

ms6iNEE.png

Caesares Bank, Building A Better Universe (https://community.du...ab-applications)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users