Welcome to Dual Universe
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

The Aether History: Frozen in Time Arc.

The Aether Lore History novark archives neutral story fiction roleplay Dual Universe arc

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Aetherios

Aetherios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 770 posts
  • LocationWith the Aether Family.

"

It's been a while and it's certainly taken more time than it should have, but The Aether's history is continuously being unearthed... Necessity begs that the dear readers are reminded: everything you will read as concerns The Aether is true and real. 

Without further ado, gentlemen and ladies, let us explore the choices and events that have shaped The Aether into the marvel she is now. 

A Preface is in order. 

Alternatively, if downloading the Preface in .pdf is not to your liking, you could view the Preface here

More will follow. Stay frosty.

"

Attached Files

• WilksCheckov, ignorer, Lethys and 2 others like this

Aetherios

Aetherios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

"

Some of you might have visited the link and met the modern tactics of membership portals. For that, The Aether apologises. We will have the link corrected and the permissions modified in a matter of time. Till then, well, you just have to download the prologue we will be publishing later today as an apology.

As always, we are open to suggestions, ideas...and characters. This is no contest submission and I hope to work with more people than just members of The Aether where lore is concerned. So, keep an eye out for hidden references, hints and (of course) Easter eggs. 

Till then, 

Cheers.

"

• WilksCheckov likes this

Aetherios

Aetherios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

"

Another promise fulfilled: The Aether has published the Prologue of the Frozen in Time Arc. Yes, the preface was boring, but it is necessary that such things are mentioned, lest our dear readers think of these works of literature as pure fiction. 

Rest assured, things start off with the prologue and will pick up pace with the first Chapter of the recovered memories and logs. 

We have also fixed the link and permissions of both the previously linked document and the one provided below (yet another word kept, many thanks to Shogun for that!). Now, you can read for free and with ease of mind, without bothering to sign up to The Aether Forums. Enter the portal here.

Optionally, if there's someone else keeping a local storage of our history, (thank you) you can simply download the attachment provided below. 

The next piece of history is going to hint at a prominent member of the Dual Universe Community - and no, it's not me or any member of The Aether. Let's see who has the sharpest eyes in here. 

- Members of The Aether will keep their mouths sealed. Don't ask us to help you out, alright?

Cheers.

"

Attached Files

Aetherios

Aetherios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

"

A week ago, The Aether released the prologue of the Frozen in Time Arc.  The first chapter was to come out shortly after that, but I had a premature writer's block, being quite unsure how to move from there. Invigorated with new ideas (and an ironical cold I caught a day ago), the Frozen in Time Arc is moving again.

There's going to be lots of things going on at the same time and a lot of unexpected left turns.  

Devious_T is a part of The Aether now and our dear readers can be sure of having a steady stream of world class content in the coming weeks and months.

The Easter Egg is hidden somewhere inside Chapter 1, along with the prominent member hinted at. As usual, if it is too much trouble downloading the attachment, you can always read the online version here. Kindly let us know if you experience any trouble accessing the stories featured there.

The next chapter will have another Easter Egg and member of Dual Universe hidden between the lines.

I wish you all good luck finding it, and hope you enjoy.

Cheers. 

"

Attached Files

Aetherios

Aetherios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

"

Finally, Chapter 2 is out and below. It took a while, yes: I had to do 3 days' worth of editing and retyping. The first and second versions of the chapter simply did not pass the quality benchmark for me. 

Ah... The Easter Egg for Chapter 1 is the first mention of the name: Jamius. Click on it and you will be redirected to NQ-Nyzaltar's profile page. For those of you with sharp eyes, you'll note that the letters of the word are slightly larger than the rest of the text in the chapter. 

This chapter has another Easter Egg in it, it's up to you to guess who it is. 

I'm having a few problems attaching the file to the editor. It would seem that there is a limited amount of space allocated to each account. Until I find a way to clear all my previous attached files without deleting them from their respective posts, you'll have to make do with reading it here. Attached to the post, is the .pdf version of Chapter 2. 

Kindly do remember that we are open to working with other organisations; it would be wonderful if we had the stories of three or four organisations written in one joint effort. 

I wish you all the best. 

Cheers.

"

Lethys

Lethys

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Ruby Founder

nvm, I'm dumb :D

• Aetherios likes this

Aetherios

Aetherios

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 770 posts

"Still heard you, though!"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: The Aether, Lore, History, novark archives, neutral, story, fiction, roleplay, Dual Universe, arc

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users