Welcome to Dual Universe
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account
Photo

Who else cant wait till the alpha release!

* * * - - 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Arthmael

Arthmael

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gold Founder

hey all, i have been following since the game was announced on kickstarted, could not back then but i made up for it today, grabbed me a gold membership so WOOT!! now give us the ALPHA!!! i wanna play so bad lmao!

• yamamushi, maximpact, acceptus and 1 other like this

Lethys

Lethys

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 1034 posts
  • LocationAustria
  • Ruby Founder
I don't want to destroy your dreams about playing but this won't be like "early access". Most likely you will only be able to do certain things, no progress is made because of wipes and servers are only up for 2-3 days a week.

Nonetheless: good to see a new face and welcome to the community
  • CaptainTwerkmotor, FrozenFace and NQ-Nunc like this

ForlornFoe

ForlornFoe

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 50 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Ruby Founder

Welcome aboard, hopefully your interest keeps up for a couple of months more until we get to even test the game. 

Seems like you made this topic in slightly wrong subforum, the Arkship Pub is the preferred meet & greet place. But that is an honest mistake and even easier to make when excited.

Ask away if there is a need, thought I bet most questions already have an answer if you have the patience to look for them. Dual Universe FAQ/Sources and DU wiki are excellent starting points. 

• FrozenFace likes this

Where my allegiancies lie: Alpha Academy, DU Constructors Guild, Blue Moon Crew

Arthmael

Arthmael

• Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Gold Founder

hey all, i have been following since the game was announced on kickstarted, could not back then but i made up for it today, grabbed me a gold membership so WOOT!! now give us the ALPHA!!! i wanna play so bad lmao!

oh i know the pain or alpha gameplay, i also back StarCitizen and many other alpha games!

I don't want to destroy your dreams about playing but this won't be like "early access". Most likely you will only be able to do certain things, no progress is made because of wipes and servers are only up for 2-3 days a week.

Nonetheless: good to see a new face and welcome to the community

yea i realize that after i made the post :P my bad, but yea i have read alot since i actually went ahead with the purchase, as i said i have been following the game since they announced it but only now have i been able to purchase. i am somewhat sad that they are going with a subscription model but at the same time happy, plus since i got the gold i get about 2 years or sub anyhow :P that should be plenty to be able to really see what happens and hopefully they dont go free to play.

mefsh

mefsh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMy moms basement :( #PCMASTERRACE
  • Silver Founder

I fell like you are expecting a early access like game. In which case do not go into this expecting even close to a finished/playable  game. Many important features will be missing, the servers will be whipped constantly and the servers will probably be down a lot. Also gold is not a membership its a pledge. 

bhfUGbs.jpg

mefsh

mefsh

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMy moms basement :( #PCMASTERRACE
  • Silver Founder

oh i know the pain or alpha gameplay, i also back StarCitizen and many other alpha games!

yea i realize that after i made the post :P my bad, but yea i have read alot since i actually went ahead with the purchase, as i said i have been following the game since they announced it but only now have i been able to purchase. i am somewhat sad that they are going with a subscription model but at the same time happy, plus since i got the gold i get about 2 years or sub anyhow :P that should be plenty to be able to really see what happens and hopefully they dont go free to play.

Good. I plan on upgrading to gold too when I have the money. I know I will sound like a selfish dick saying this, BUUUT hopefully they wait 2 months before they release the alpha so I can get in.

bhfUGbs.jpg

CaptainTwerkmotor

CaptainTwerkmotor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3327 posts
  • LocationRaptor Squad HQ
  • Gold Founder

Yeah, this is gonna be a good ol' timer of an Alpha. I would not be surprised if the first month of testing was to make sure the servers don't behave like impromptu grills.

But hey, once they figure that part out, we'll be able to test the Alpha, in all its buggy glory :D

• Shogun likes this

Dark

Dark

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  • LocationIn the Vanguard of Humanity
  • Silver Founder
Also keep in mind that alpha is for testing everything. So that means writing in bug reports and helping NQ find them. And suggesting how they could go about improving it. A lot of people seem to think that Alpha is simply early access and they will have a great time mucking around with friends. Not saying you wouldn't have fun.
  • Evil_Porcupine likes this

VAN-AAE-banner.png

CaptainTwerkmotor

CaptainTwerkmotor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3327 posts
  • Gold Founder

Also keep in mind that alpha is for testing everything. So that means writing in bug reports and helping NQ find them. And suggesting how they could go about improving it. A lot of people seem to think that Alpha is simply early access and they will have a great time mucking around with friends. Not saying you wouldn't have fun.

What he said and also, if you find an abuse of the game's mechanics, keep abusing it to see if it's fixed, or if the code logic patch the devs put onto it didn't work thoroughly.

Alphas are for breaking the game until the Devs can make it break-proof. :P

• Dark likes this

Lord_Void

Lord_Void

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Sapphire Founder

What he said and also, if you find an abuse of the game's mechanics, keep abusing it to see if it's fixed, or if the code logic patch the devs put onto it didn't work thoroughly.

Alphas are for breaking the game until the Devs can make it break-proof. :P

Definitely. The Alpha period is going to be almost as much work as it will be fun. I'm definitely looking forward to it.

Evil Inc.  

Are we Evil?         quDX6TQb.jpg        Or are you?            

http://www.du-stats.com

Sakej99

Sakej99

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Gold Founder

I can't wait, sadly the servers will be wiped and will only be up a few days a week. But it will still be lots of fun.

thevoidrepublicbanner.png

Aesras

Aesras

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
  • Silver Founder

Sadly I am not in alpha but I look forward to what you get in alpha :D

Lord_Void

Lord_Void

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Sapphire Founder

Sadly I am not in alpha but I look forward to what you get in alpha :D

There will definitely be a lot of cool topics and probably gameplay videos to watch! 

Evil Inc.  

Volkier

Volkier

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  • Gold Founder

Well, "can't wait" is a bit of an oxymoron really, considering you (and any one of us) has absolutely zero alternative courses of actions to waiting. So either one can, indeed wait, or.... I don't know..... join ISIS? Though even that wouldn't change anything.

Lord_Void

Lord_Void

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Sapphire Founder

Well, "can't wait" is a bit of an oxymoron really, considering you (and any one of us) has absolutely zero alternative courses of actions to waiting. So either one can, indeed wait, or.... I don't know..... join ISIS? Though even that wouldn't change anything.

lol nice one.

Except that you are incorrect. 

I actually can't wait, so I don't. I play this game in my dreams.

Evil Inc.  

acceptus

acceptus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationARK
  • Gold Founder

Me. I can't wait.

The offer of being one of the in game bots still here.....DU

Lord_Void

Lord_Void

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Sapphire Founder

Me. I can't wait.

The offer of being one of the in game bots still here.....DU

What do you mean by bots?

Evil Inc.  

CaptainTwerkmotor

CaptainTwerkmotor

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 3327 posts
  • Gold Founder

I think he means he'll play the game so much he'll end up like an NPC :P

• Dark likes this

Lord_Void

Lord_Void

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 588 posts
  • Sapphire Founder

I think he means he'll play the game so much he'll end up like an NPC :P

Ah okay

Evil Inc.  

acceptus

acceptus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts
  • LocationARK
  • Gold Founder

DU are using Bots to test the servers, I am willing to be a replacement Bot to one of their programed ones.

I'm sure I'm cheaper to run than a programme, I could "test" their game now ;) 

• Lord_Sekmeth and NQ-Nunc like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users